Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

picking order of drill points

wpia

Mcam knows what order the geom was created that's what causes the strange order sometimes. In the sort options you can set it to use point to point (lower left) then you'll be prompted for the first point.

Or,... you could go back to using V9,...

I figgured this out. At the picking window for the drilling cycles, use the window with a picture of an arrow in it (like your mouse pointer) Picking circles is a little harder, ie you have to pay more attention to get the center of the circle, but ....Using this method will let your drilling operation follow the order you picked the circles.

I figgured this out. At the picking window for the drilling cycles, use the window with a picture of an arrow in it (like your mouse pointer) Picking circles is a little harder, ie you have to pay more attention to get the center of the circle, but ....Using this method will let your drilling operation follow the order you picked the circles.

That arrow represents the manual selection I told you about.

hit the "C" key just before clicking your circles....

"C"

click Thee Circle™

"C"

click Thee Circle™

.... and so on.... this way you don't have to find the center.... just click Thee Circle™!!!!

Sorry for the plug, I saw Del and couldn't resist....

Happy sorting!!!!

• Like 1

"C"

click Thee Circle™

"C"

click Thee Circle™

.... and so on.... this way you don't have to find the center.... just click Thee Circle™!!!!

Happy sorting!!!!

:harhar:

"C"

click Thee Circle™

"C"

click Thee Circle™

Happy sorting!!!!

I tried this method but every time I clicked Thee Circle I got this error...

REJECTED_zps951ef2ea.png

• Like 1

"C"

click Thee Circle™

"C"

click Thee Circle™

Happy sorting!!!!

I use this method too....BUT right click the arc circle snap then you can repeatedly select circles by

left clicking them and by right clicking the snap it sorts them exactly in the order you selected them.

It has worked this was since X2(when i started using MCam

I used to use that method Rick. That works great. Since I have started using solids and programming incremental I just pick all my circles and let Mastercam sort with the sort feature. I have gotten used to using this and I think I like it better. Especially on parts with lots of holes.