Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Yo ......Iskander....

Müřlıń®

Today I recieved an e-mail that read "You have just receives a worm that attaches itself to your motherboard. It is undetectable by antivirus and will cost you a new computer".

I didnt open it up, since it was first in line on the preview box I could see what it was.

But the envelope was open frown.gif

I did not open up any attachments and my Bios is hard wired to not accept any flash.

I of course was using Outlook. There were some X'ed out windows on the e-mail that hadnt been opened.

My computer seems to be working fine.

Was this a hoax? or could I have another freaking Worm that is going to crash me?

I have had my same e-mail addressee for 15 years and now am getting spammed with about 100 e-mails daily that seem to be getting past my ISP's anti spam software.

Murlin teh no not again mad.gif

You need to take the cover off, take out the mother board, and pry that mutha f'n worm off there soon! It's gonna eat EVERYTHING! (Actually, let it get fat, then take it fishin')

BTW, TURN OFF PREVIEW!! That actually opens the message, which will LAUNCH a virus if there's one attached.

'Rekd

[ 09-09-2003, 11:14 PM: Message edited by: Rekd ]

That was a good one biggrin.gif Grab that worm out of your computer case and sell it to fishing enthusiasts.

Unless you have a really old and funky mobo, you would receive a warning that you're trying to flash your BIOS with an incompatible version. Keep your antivirus software up-to-date, get all the patches on Windows Update and don't open attachments that you weren't expecting or from people you don't know.

Murlin !

IT WAS NOT ME . I AM RATHER GENTELMAN NOT A SORT OF FREAK THAT YOU MAY THINK !

And this week I repair my flat all in paint and only now made a little break for a coffee and a cigarette to wait for a paint to .....

I will write later .

I think it is a nice topic for o/t trics.

It may be hoax.

One short rule -never reply to anything offending ,spam or suspicious.

Second rule - never use Outlook or (worser0 O.Express.

I say twice IT WAS no ME - NOT guity smile.gif

Iskander in fright and dispair : It `s time to listen Rainbow - Black Sheep of the Family !

quote:

Today I recieved an e-mail that read "You have just receives a worm that attaches itself to your motherboard.

I only now read this slowly !

Attache itself to your motherboard - with thesame result it can attach itself to the processor`s fan .

B&^^$it!

But anyway precautions are the good thing .

Still to come - Why I don`t use Outlook ?

Whew....Looks like it was just a hoax email sent out to rattle guys like me that don't know any better.... rolleyes.gif

Well thanks "Iskander" haha biggrin.gif Oh, BTW Iskander if you are reading, I am finding uses for running multiple sessions of Mastercam. Thanks for imput, now I have another tool in the arsenal smile.gif

I guess the reason I never tried was due to the warning message that pops up when you try to start another session. To me, that meant don't do it.

Rekd..........you crack me up man cheers.gif

Murlin teh simpleton

[ 09-10-2003, 12:48 PM: Message edited by: Murlin ]

Mozilla !

+1000 to Bullines

quote:

Well thanks "Iskander" haha Oh, BTW Iskander if you are reading, I am finding uses for running multiple sessions of Mastercam. Thanks for imput, now I have another tool in the arsenal

First try a thing the usage you will find afterwards !

Rekd ! I like your sense of humour !

Iskander teh lazy still using Mailer from Netscape4.7

[ 09-10-2003, 01:00 PM: Message edited by: plasttav ]

What Bullines said. cheers.gif

Mozilla!

[*]Multiple mail accounts

[*]baysian spam filters

[*]no virus (yet)

[*]customizable - lots o skins

[*]turn java and javascipt off in mail

[*]third party plugins to pull mail from yahoo, hotmail, and others web base email that don't offer pop access anymore

[*]Free

[*]Opensource

Version 1.4 is the current stable build with a 1.4.1 bug fix version coming out in a week or two.

There's also

Pegasus mail- which is popular

Eudora - never used it myself

The bat - don't care for it myself but quite popular

I beleive there is a port of Pine out there also which is total text based. No viruses ever!

Bryan smile.gif

• 2 weeks later...