Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Port Expert

gcode

Yeah Tom 12 hrs smells a lot like horse poop to me. I would love to see them take one of those parts from scratch and do that. I was thinking 60 on the low to 100 hours on the extreme high worth of programming on the first one then maybe down to 40. Time you made the set-up sheets tool list and other things 12 hours would be crazy talk. Port Expert would still be my choice for doing them and seeing what it could do. Do not get me wrong blade expert it good stuff, just would see what port expert would do here. It might be a family of the same parts that they have been programming for years to get to that point using some scripts or something along those lines. Next they will be telling you they 3D Print those parts for $50 and only sell them for $50k to make money.

I would have thought prog time is insignificant on these parts. Obviously cut time and consumabubles are the important?

Cutting tools are going to be big money as is machine time...

The hardest part of programming these parts will be efficient roughing toolpaths

The buyer is stating 150 to 200 hours machine time .. but he's taking about a proven process.

I could see first articles going way over that

I was thinking 60 on the low to 100 hours

I said 60 to 80 but I think that's optimistic.

Port expert looks very cool and it's a bargain if it works as well on these parts as it did on the

sample tool path I received from out local dealer