Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Mastercam Learning Group

Rotary Ninja

Very rookie question Ray I'm looking at your programmed part how did you select your geometry on the high speed core mill. I'm used to creating edge curves but seems you didn't have to do that? Also, Rotary I noticed on your part that you were able to project just the outside profile how did you do this? I am able to do this fine but I know there are faster ways to select and do this.

Also, Rotary I noticed on your part that you were able to project just the outside profile how did you do this? I am able to do this fine but I know there are faster ways to select and do this.

Create>>Silhouette Boundary. See Jay, your teaching goes a step further ;)

Crankshaft.pngHelicalGear.pngIronMan.pngProp.png

I have lots more if you need, Try not to pick parts that require the same paths each time :)

Ok, you are the model master :D

But I am pretty sure a few of the guys in here are not quite ready for rotary work. I'm all for that Iron Man mask though! Did you model that?

:whip:

I'm trying.....but this job thing keeps gettin in my way ! lol

Here's a thought tho, or mebbe a question : Is our goal going to be to just swap ideas on how toolpaths can be used or are we looking for best solutions overall including tooling type, speeds,feeds,etc...:shrug:

Sooooo many variable to get the most efficient path. Or maybe leave it impromptu and see what develops ??

Love dynamic facing !

My initial thought was this...

If your boss gave you a model and said make it... make it as though you would normally do. It's not a way for anyone to show off, or critique someone else's work. Just a way for everyone to maybe get some new ideas on how to attack a part. And learn some new programming techniques.

I realize most people don't have a lot of time to program parts for free. And most all of us don't need to see how the other guy drills a hole. But even drill cycles can be cool if you are creative. Doing different size chamfers with one drill cycle is something I just learned how to do recently. So program however you want.

It's not a requirement that anyone programs these parts complete in any way. Just have fun with it. If there is something you need help with ask.

• Like 1

Ok, you are the model master :D

But I am pretty sure a few of the guys in here are not quite ready for rotary work. I'm all for that Iron Man mask though! Did you model that?

Grabcad.com for most of it, I did model the helical gear, but in Solidworks (I have done Identical gears in MCX) someone else wasted a bunch of time for the ironman mask, but it is cool :p

Very rookie question Ray I'm looking at your programmed part how did you select your geometry on the high speed core mill. I'm used to creating edge curves but seems you didn't have to do that? Also, Rotary I noticed on your part that you were able to project just the outside profile how did you do this? I am able to do this fine but I know there are faster ways to select and do this.

Silhouette boundary for the part, and drew a box for the stock. (I generally put all my containment's on another level)

The blue/green surfaces boundary's are done with silhouette boundary as well, Just select by color when creating them instead of the whole model. I put them up in the air to make selection easier.