Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Mastercam Learning Group

Rotary Ninja

I am not sure how they get you the software on here. I got mine from eApprentice. I am also not sure if you can install the trial version on a PC with the full version installed. If I remember right I think I saw the other day that is not a good thing to do.

drafting3... you will be a welcomed addition to the group as my modeling skills are somewhat limited right now. It takes me a bit to get fillets and stuff to work because I do them in the wrong order or something. But I am getting there.

well, don't feel bad. MasterCAM is not very forgiving when it comes to fillets. I will say that X6 is a great improvement over X2 in this regard. Still, you have to fiddle with your fillets sometimes ;)

I figuring you guys are talking about Filleting in solids. I find it best to fillet at the end draw as much as you can sharp then put your fillet blends in at the end.

I do not draw fillets on my cutting geo so I can put them in later. this has helped me for many years of using solids. I have found this in other software's to.

JM2C

I figuring you guys are talking about Filleting in solids. I find it best to fillet at the end draw as much as you can sharp then put your fillet blends in at the end.

I do not draw fillets on my cutting geo so I can put them in later. this has helped me for many years of using solids. I have found this in other software's to.

JM2C

yeah. i wait until the last possible moment to add fillets.

i've only briefly worked solidworks and solidedge, but i never ran into fillet issues with those programs. i had a 30 day trial of solidedge, and i "tried" to crash it with complex fillets, but it just wouldn't! :)

That is the way I have been doing it too Jay. I run into problems where a fillet runs into another fillet on an angle or something. It takes me a few tries to get it sorted out and sometimes if I change the order of my fillets I can fix it. Other times I have to rethink my modeling a bit.

That is the way I have been doing it too Jay. I run into problems where a fillet runs into another fillet on an angle or something. It takes me a few tries to get it sorted out and sometimes if I change the order of my fillets I can fix it. Other times I have to rethink my modeling a bit.

i see a lot of problems with mastercam trying to transition from one fillet to another where there is <= 0.0000" flat between them. however, it's not always a problem.... just sometimes...

i'm with ninja on this one. sometimes you have to reorder your fillet, or change the way your design your solid.

i have yet to run into a model i couldn't draw, but it might take some trial, error, and rework. i have even gone so far as to revolve cut, or sweep cut my fillets that i was having problems with.

I bought an X6 lathe book at work here and don't think I received a HLE with it.

Strange, all of our products are supposed to ship with the HLE install disc, unless you got it before the X6 HLE was released? Regardless, your account here has permission to download it from eMC. You can find the 32bit and 64bit versions here: http://www.emasterca...oads&showcat=29

If anyone else here would like access to the HLE, PM me and I'll hook you up.

Strange, all of our products are supposed to ship with the HLE install disc, unless you got it before the X6 HLE was released? Regardless, your account here has permission to download it from eMC. You can find the 32bit and 64bit versions here: http://www.emasterca...oads&showcat=29

If anyone else here would like access to the HLE, PM me and I'll hook you up.

Daniel thank you for helping these folks with the HLE.

Hi guys this is looking like a cool topic, I don't know how much time I will have for any real input but I love the challenge of new parts. Count me in. I do only 3 axis programming at this point but would like to learn multi axis.

Here is Rays program.

RAY_IDLER_BRACKET_MODEL

That is exactly why I wanted to do this Ray. To see all these new toolpaths I have never used. Thanks!

Ok, I have to comment on this some more... I have never seen the Dynamic facing option in the menu. That is pretty sweet. I am starting to see where having my Operation Defaults set to the way I like to work that it is keeping me from noticing things in the toolpaths that I have never used. This was an eye opener.

Here is Rays program.

RAY_IDLER_BRACKET_MODEL

That is exactly why I wanted to do this Ray. To see all these new toolpaths I have never used. Thanks!

Ok, I have to comment on this some more... I have never seen the Dynamic facing option in the menu. That is pretty sweet. I am starting to see where having my Operation Defaults set to the way I like to work that it is keeping me from noticing things in the toolpaths that I have never used. This was an eye opener.

Whats stupid, is this part is a dream to program with the added functionality of X7, it was 1/2 the work with the added Check surface to Hybrid and the solid modify functions. Kind of funny that X7 was released today.. just no HLE yet for you guys without Sims at home.

Whew!

Ok, I need to tell everyone that has never used Mastercam HLE, don't try opening a file by clicking on the file to open it. Open Mastercam and browse to the file from there. For some reason when you open the eMCX file by double-clicking it, Mastercam will open, but there won't be anything there. I thought maybe it was just me but so far 3 people have mentioned this problem.