Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Mastercam Learning Group

Rotary Ninja

I was in the middle of typing it and refreshed and saw your reply so I stopped. Thanks for the folder Jay. That will make it easier. Where are these FTP notes you speak of?

I was just copying the link to the file from Filezilla and pasting it into the link on here. It was working for me and letting me download the file, but the files I uploaded to the FTP were 0 KB. I transferred them to my wife's site just fine. So I am not sure what I did wrong.

Done, took longer to Verify then to program...but i was lazy and didn't do the holes, figured you guys don't need to be shown how to drill :p

Kevin, maybe you should put some limitations, on each project, machine type, material, Starting Stock??, etc.

Would it be better if everyone sent them to me and I posted them all at the same time? Kinda make it so we see everyone's imagination at work?

But if you want to host them that is fine with me Jay. I just didn't want to bog up your FTP with this is why I suggested I host them. I guess we will figure it out. But I will leave it to everyone to decide.

Looks like a nice part Kevin. I will hopefully get onto it in the next few days...

Jay, Firstly, Thanks for posting that vice setup, dont have any vices/fixtures modelled at home so that will be handy! Is there still the option of using your ftp server to house these files? I think that would be the easiest route to follow if you are ok with it? There are a couple of other options that I have had brief thoughts about if we need to.

Side note...my parts are gonna be metric. We quite often deal with imperial components but program in metric, its what I'm familiar with so I think I'll use that at least for now....Deal with it lol.

Brendan

i'd definitely be ineterested, but only have access to X6 here at work. Tried opening up the file, but "industrial SIMS cannot open ECM files".

So, it looks like i need a way to get the home learning edition.

Oh, and as far as my abilities...

I've been working with MasterCAM for about a year now. I've only ever done 3 axis mill, but i have an extensive background in 3D solid and surface modeling. I can draw anything, basically.