Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

removing prior versions of mcamx

FTI2007

I just installed X7 and it seems to have went fine. I Still have X4, X5, and X6 on my pc. Is it safe to remove X4 and X5 without causing problems with X6 or X7? What is the correct way to do this?

Thanks in advance.

I don't think I will uninstall X6 for a few months. I haven't even installed X7 yet. Kinda waiting til the bugs stop showing up in the forums here.

Best not to remove X6 yet if you haven't got X7 installed...pencil cam is not very productive :lol:

i aggree about leaving x6 on for a while. Its kinda the reason I still have X4 and X5 still on. I just thought it was time to remove them. But so far no one has given any ideas or the correct process to uninstall them.

Guest MTB Technical Services

Since your problem occurred after uninstalling X5,

The easiest thing to try to fix your problem is try performing an X6 installation repair.

With multiple installs on a single machine, it's a good practice to export the registry branches for each version prior to attempting the uninstall.

I also image my machine on a regular basis if a restoration is ever needed.

With X5, Mastercam embraced the Windows Security protocols (User Account Control, separating user folder/files from app folders/files, etc.)

Uninstalling X5 and X6 should be no problem.

Uninstalling X4 is more likely to cause issues as certain dependencies could be removed or registry entries eliminated

as the installation builds were made prior to the Windows Security protocol changes.

Windows 7 was just getting out and WInXp was still being used by the majority of PC users.