Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

X7 MasterCam Editor

Sandybar

Posting out to the MasterCam editor I like to save as all Files with no extension of any kind. xxxx.nc or xxx.cnc for example.the files I save do not hae extensions. When you go to pull down the save as file type I always use all files. Now I can't do that anymore with the new MasterCam editor. I went to use the Cimco editor and always says "nethasp not found". So the only editor that works for me is the PFE 32 which is really old style editor. Can you point me in the right direction to get the other 2 editors working?

Thanks in advance.

I didn't like the splash screen for the editor popping up.. dont know if its the splash screen or not.. but it seemed like it always took forever to open..

Since I didn't really like the new editor I did the following..

If you have X6 and or X5 installed and you like the old editors more than the new one,

Just go to your config (Alt- F8)

go to the start/exit page

Click the Editor dropdown .. choose other.. and point it at the old editor you like

Generally located somewhere kind of like the following ..

X5 style

c:/mcamX5/common/editors/(choose editor)

X6 Style .. one of these depending on 32 or 64 bit os ..

c:/program files/mcamx6/common/editors/(choose your editor)

c:/program files (x86)/mcamx6/common/editors/(choose your editor)

hmmmm ... I wonder if this can be done for VbScript, as well? The new editor doesnt give you access to the vbscript help file :(

There is an easy fix for this oversight :)

Follow the steps shown in the attached images to set the VBScript help document as an external application to execute.

Go to the editor options dialog, File -> Options and select the External Application option. When browsing for an *exe type in *.* and hit enter to switch the file filter to all files then browse to and select the help document.

post-4901-0-01965800-1368540386_thumb.png

post-4901-0-92033600-1368540400_thumb.png

post-4901-0-68950100-1368540408_thumb.png