Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

X7 Setup Sheets

Brian B 74

We haven't made the move to X7 yet because we use X+ for setup sheets in the shop. For those of you who have made the transition to X7 what are you using for setup sheet reports? Are you using the Active Reports or something else? We use X+ because the Active Reports would not spit out the proper Z depths. Has this been fixed in X7?

So I copied everything, the X+ chooks folder, the X+.ft

Relocated it to the X7 locations and near as I can everything works BUT the X7 Toollist :( figures that's the ONE function I need

I'm guessing the reason your getting multiple tools is you are using the operations as an output

Which is better, you have easier access to more info than just listing the tools IMO

• 4 weeks later...

Brian,

Your output is exactly what I am looking for, I have took the time to build my own page with the help of the tutorials, although it needs more refining. I want it to output my manual entry that I am currently using as set-up instructions within the program, yet I have not found out how to get the code correct. Could you provide any input on how you got your tool list to display? TY in advance.

• 1 month later...

I had a nice setup sheet that I spent month refining and tweaking in X5, but it won't work in X7.

I wish they had thought to make the Migration Utility work with several previous releases, and not just X6.

Ah well, I guess since I have nothing but free time, it won't be any problem at all to start from scratch!

/sarcasm

Doesn't need any update.

Just drop them into the correct version location, they "should" run

Did not work.

Contacted Fastech; they spent 2 days with it, had me send them the part file, the post, 3 emails and 2 phone calls - the end of it all was "Well, we called Mastercam, and they said you cannot convert setup sheets from X5 to X7, you can only convert X6 to X7."

Seriously though, I am still getting used to the cluttered interface; the setup sheet is pretty low on my list of things to try to figure out.

We just started to use x7 after sp2 release . We waited to use because of verify errors and also the whole tool naming problems they were having. I spent some time developing auto tool sheet through active reports in x6 as our company was having us type in tool sheets using excel !! god it took forever so anyway I open x7 with a file right click in operation field and go to setup sheet and no dialog box comes up to put in info so what's going on ???

• 2 months later...

Hello and long time no see! I just started using X7 and am now faced with using a new setup sheet since our HTML sheet is no longer supported. My question is what's the best way to go? I want a detailed tool list and I want it to report min and max travels too. I like to add my own screen captures as well. :help: