Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Milling tools for SS-304

Hi,

I need to make many simple but precision parts from SS-304.

All tools which I used wearing after 10 minutes working in material.

I tried different RPM and feedrate but with same result.

Have someone experience with this steel?

Thanks for any help.

Sincerely,

Michael.

Alien,

You need to add more information to get the proper tools. Post a photo of the part and list the types of tool paths.

If you contact your local reps from the tooling manufacturers as well they will help.

Getting the correct tools make all the difference in the world.

Alien,

You need to add more information to get the proper tools. Post a photo of the part and list the types of tool paths.

If you contact your local reps from the tooling manufacturers as well they will help.

Getting the correct tools make all the difference in the world.

Ok,

From local tooling manufactures I am wating for answer long time.

I hope that in this forum I can find more proffessional help then from any dealers and manufactures( it's my experience).

So, file attached. Thanks for any help.

Sincerely,

Michael.

stainless = full coolant....

try niagara cutter STABILIZER-HT ALTIN in a weldon holder. VERY IMPRESSIVE :devil:

8%-10% coolant can optimize your tool life.

Thank you very much!

This tool likes very good,

But my boss will kill me for their price.!

And how long time this tool can work in material without wearing?

Sincerely,

Michael.

post-18049-0-85027400-1369979310_thumb.png

Holy crap!!!! Waaaay overpriced. I don't have my prices in front of me, but $600+ for a 1" Ball endmill is approximately 2x what I would be willing to pay (and we're not cheap when it comes to spending money on tooling). I hope you'll get good discount from that price if you plan on buying. IMO, those cutters are excellent, but I can't vouch for that size in that material from my past experience.

Widia (Hanita) and Kennametal (Harvi) are the same item and good choices. Also plenty of other brands out there in our end of the world such as SGS, Garr, Promax, Sandvik, Iscar, Mitsubishi, OSG, Emuge, etc. and many smaller local manufacturers that perform as good if not better then most of the big name brands out there. Contact some of your local sales reps and see what they may suggest. See if you could get a free tool for testing.

Holy crap!!!! Waaaay overpriced. I don't have my prices in front of me, but $600+ for a 1" Ball endmill is approximately 2x what I would be willing to pay (and we're not cheap when it comes to spending money on tooling). I hope you'll get good discount from that price if you plan on buying. IMO, those cutters are excellent, but I can't vouch for that size in that material from my past experience.

Widia (Hanita) and Kennametal (Harvi) are the same item and good choices. Also plenty of other brands out there in our end of the world such as SGS, Garr, Promax, Sandvik, Iscar, Mitsubishi, OSG, Emuge, etc. and many smaller local manufacturers that perform as good if not better then most of the big name brands out there. Contact some of your local sales reps and see what they may suggest. See if you could get a free tool for testing.

Dear robk,

I agree with you and thanks for answer!

I did not pay attention to that 1" diameter mill.

I need a tool 3-4mm(1/8").

From our local resellers( Iscar, Hanita and Kennametall) I given some suggestions and tried them, but without effect.

Suggested tools were run-out after approximate 40 minutes working in material.

So, I don't found yet resolving of my problem and trying any way to do that.

Sincerely,

Michael.

Michael, you might also want to get in contact with Alex aka Iskander and/or Teh Bear Without Brains Kinda Idiot (yes, he has multiple personalities but he is very knowledgeable). He also lives in Israel but I have not seen him on here in some time. He is a very long standing and respected member of this forum.

Michael, you might also want to get in contact with Alex aka Iskander and/or Teh Bear Without Brains Kinda Idiot (yes, he has multiple personalities but he is very knowledgeable). He also lives in Israel but I have not seen him on here in some time. He is a very long standing and respected member of this forum.

+1000 Robk

Many thanks, Rob and Hockey Guy!

I will glad to find this man.

Thank you very much for your help!

Sincerely,

Michael.

I've had great luck with OSG's Aero-SUS line in 303. We only have a lathe job that is 304. I don't do anything extreme but I have found that line to run fast and hold edges for a good long time in some deep and fast slotting. Primarily in 15-5PH Condition H1025.

I've had great luck with OSG's Aero-SUS line in 303. We only have a lathe job that is 304. I don't do anything extreme but I have found that line to run fast and hold edges for a good long time in some deep and fast slotting. Primarily in 15-5PH Condition H1025.

NIAGARA CUTTER 1/8 diamater Ball-end 1/8 LOC P/N:57489 list price 14.93$

Try it !!! :smoke:

Thank you very much boys!

Sincerely,

Michael.