Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Dynamic toolpath issue

Thoob

This is not what the title says, I had 2 questions here and the admin moved one to its own topic. I am having a little trouble with this file. I am trying to do a 2D high speed dynamic toolpath but I keep getting an error saying error regenerating operation. The blue is what I want to cut and the red is what I am avoiding. You can see the full model on the 1st level.

TEST.MCX-6

Your blue area to cut is only .250 wide while your tool is .750. You need either a smaller tool or a larger blue area. Since you are cutting 1.5 deep I guess going with a larger cut area (the blue region) would be best.

Also, why are you using Dynamic Core? Try Dynamic Area mill instead to cut out the area. Use the Dynamic Core to cut material from the outside in to leave a standing core - doesn't fit with what you are trying to do.

I would also up the stepovers as 2.6% is pretty small, and watch out for your Tip Comp - you have it set to Center. Also notice you have the Back Feedrate set to 0.0. Set it to at least your programmed feed of 30.

Ya I usually set my back feedrate and my tip comp as well as my stepover None of these are set yet. I use the dynamic area cuts a lot and I probably should set those default parameters. I didn't realize I was on core. Thanks for pointing that out. Back to the blue area though, as far as I know, that is supposed to represent the stock. I don't want it bigger as it would cut air. I'm not trying to cut inside the blue area but rather the whole blue area. If you look in my parameters I have multiple chains selected and I am trying to just cut the little cut out.

When it comes to deleting an existing WCS/Plane you MUST make sure it isn't used in a toolpath or as a stock view even.

If the system will not let you delete, read the message, it's still in use and referenced by something

When it comes to deleting an existing WCS/Plane you MUST make sure it isn't used in a toolpath or as a stock view even.

If the system will not let you delete, read the message, it's still in use and referenced by something

oops, sorry Paris, looks like an admin moved that part of my thread to its own topic. I was referring to the dynamic area part. I will delete that part of the topic so no one gets confused.

Also Paris I never said I had a message popping up so you insinuating for me to ":read the message" is not relevant. I got the answer for that question anyway and it was to find out "where" to rename or delete and it has been answered in the other post. Thanks though.

On a side note, can a staff member please change the title of this thread to "Dynamic ToolPath Issue"?

Hi Thoob,

Try this...

For the Dynamic Core path to work, there must be an open side where the tool can approach from. You'll notice I extended the boundary of the "avoidance area" chain to prevent the tool from "wrapping" around the corner and gouging the walls. Dynamic Core is absolutely the correct path to use here.

Check out the Entry Motion page. I usually put in a small Helix radius, then set the Plunge Angle to '90.0'. This gives you a nice vertical plunge move to start the path. To keep the tool off the wall for the first cut, use the 'Approach distance' parameter.

It is important to always set a 'Gap size' value, even if you set the Motion > Gap size option to 'Never'.

Hope that helps.

Thanks,

Colin

2D_HST_TEST_FOR_THOOB.MCX-6

Hi Thoob,

I noticed one more setting you'll want to adjust. The 'Minimum Toolpath Radius' is set to '2.5 %' currently. Since you'll need to clean up that corner anyway, I'd recommend increasing that minimum radius value, which would leave a little more material in the corner. Then come back in with a smaller tool and finish those corners.

I just tried it with a 10% min radius and it looked pretty good...