Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Tell me what computer I need.....

Greg_J

Please tell me what computer I need so Mastercam runs quickly and smoothly.

It's ridiculous how long it takes for the Verify to open and start running.

it's not like it's a huge mx7/stl that is being loaded.

My mx7 file is 17mb and my stl is 28mb to 200mb

Seriously tell me what do I need.

Greg

(ok...this is a little rant)

Running an overclocked I3770 here with 32GB of high end ram and a 4Gig Video card.. running using a 256GB SSD btw as well

Still takes Verify up to a couple minutes to get up and running.. maybe its calculating the amount of chips that will be created by the cutters or something? lol

Either way I don't think they make a system that it opens on instantly..

Ok I agree if you do not crank up the precision control like I do to the top all the time it is fast for sure.I work from the network to.

I am not seeing min but up to a 15 second more delay maters on the size of the file. the verify launches instantly but if I leave the Precision to default much need improvement

I know for me a lot of our solid models have lots of faces since we do a lot of spline and gear work.. and were required to work off the specified models (ie cant just go without having the teeth) so that's probably the majority of the problem.. its not uncommon for me to have fairly simple models that have more than 6000 faces due to many teeth on a spline that has grooves in it.

And yeah I'll admit it .. I have the XML file tweaked pretty high .. still cant get used to the accurate zoom thing