Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

force toolchange problem

Hacsta

I'm running v9.1 sp2

what i want to do is: 1 tool machines op then M00 (which it does) add clamps then with the same tool machine another op, but after the M00 their is no tool#, height offset, retract. eek.gif

I'm have problems getting to the ftp site would you like me to email you the file?

hacsta,

I just made a short(contour) program using the same tool with the force tool change in there... It is working for me. I don't use the mpmaster post on a regular basis, but that's what I used now. You're more than welcome to send me your file and I'll take a look @ it. Maybe you could also send the copy of the .nc file also.

Thanks,

Rob

Hacsta I tried it with my MpFadal post I also tried it with my MpMaster post. I hit the CHANGE NCI then pops up a dialog box then I check force toolchange and post the program using both no problem. I would make sure that the NCI desingation is correct for all operation and go from there. I also used the Canned Text to do a M00 and had no problem with that either.

Crazy Millman

Continuing this thread; Today i had situtation using force tool change, which BTW i use quite regularly. The operation on which i used "force tool" happens to have a 2-d countour using "depth cuts", well standard MPFAN post gave me tool change at each and every depth of cut. 1st time encountered. Tried this on new file, and get same result each time.

Well ThreePres I just tired the same thing and go the M00 in every depth of cut for four different posts. There needs to be a post change for this not to happen. I have got it not to but it took some work with the placement of the pcan varailbe. This is the part of the post where there in the ptlchg0 if that variable is in there it will output the M00 for every move. The only problem wit hthis if you do want a cnatext with no toolchange then you can not get it. If you do force toolcahnge and keep the others where they are it works good. I think one of the post Guys can figure this one better than me I feel like I am on the right track just really have no need for the functions.

Well good luck

CRazy Millman

I just need to find time to download and modify MPMaster post to my liking, so I can stop using generic MPFan. Im sure its the culprit. Tip to others when changing jobs; bring along your posts and config files.

Got me wondering, is this ethical???

[ 09-18-2003, 11:12 PM: Message edited by: TheePres ]