Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Mastercam X7 Productivity Plus

Masterminder408

We had a 30 day trial of it. Nice software. It basically works very similar to Renishaw stand alone. One issue with the MasterCam version is that there is only one post that supports it so far.

Call your dealer and get a trial version and check it out. We are still shopping. I think we may just go with the stand alone Renishaw version, but we everything is still up in the air.

Ray

Ray, have you trialled the standalone version? I asked a few questions about the Mastercam Productivity Plus but never got answers. We have the probing function in NX (we've never used it. Came as part of the bundle), but we're considering the Renishaw standalone so we can use it with either system.

Ray, there is more then one post that support the Renishaw productivity + package. Your reseller can get access to them and you can modify your existing post as well. Not ALL installed X7 posts have been modified for Renishaw as of now. All the Renishaw Post Processors available in the stand alone package should also be available with the Mastercam package. Hope this helps!

Ray, have you trialled the standalone version? I asked a few questions about the Mastercam Productivity Plus but never got answers. We have the probing function in NX (we've never used it. Came as part of the bundle), but we're considering the Renishaw standalone so we can use it with either system.

Yes, we had the stand alone version to. Give them a call. They hooked us up with 3 seats for 30 days for testing. Good customer service. The software is very nice.

Ray, there is more then one post that support the Renishaw productivity + package. Your reseller can get access to them and you can modify your existing post as well. Not ALL installed X7 posts have been modified for Renishaw as of now. All the Renishaw Post Processors available in the stand alone package should also be available with the Mastercam package. Hope this helps!

I figured there would be more soon, but when we tested it, there was only the Haas post available. But we tested right during the first release of X7, so there really wasn't much in the way of information available. We are still considering what is best for us.

I like the fact that your probe code is nested into you MasterCam operations, but I didn't like that I couldn't pick points on a surface like you can with the standalone. For example, if you wanted to probe a -Z- surface, lets say, in the MasterCams version you have to construct a point and project it onto the surface, then choose that point, while in the Renishaws version you can just click anywhere on the surface without constructing geometry.

Ray

Thanks for the reply Ray. I contacted Renishaw, and they indeed can provide a 30 day trial, and they have support for Okumas, which is good too (we have a 5 axis Okuma coming with a RMP600 probe). We've requested a trial for once the machine arrives.

Guys, I've figured everything out, tried it out today, compared it with the CMM result, Ka Bammb... hahah no more inspection required.... imagine how much time we 'll save..., this is only on a simple part only.... and of course for a production, large quantities run....

Recommended to all the Mastercam Guru out there, get this plug in now... it a must... :)

With this add on, you 'll be able to tell the probe to measure certain feature, then update the tool 's dia/offset from 1 to 100 percent of differential , plus it will be in the same " mastercam 's part file" not like the standalone, I read about it, it has more feature. the only thing that I do not like is that you have to paste your NC program inside it 's standalone software, if you 're going to do a " If Then, Else statement".... just my opinion.. we bought the add on...got full support from my reseller, plus it about 2k less than the standalone pakage...

ok guys, good news... and bad news...

Today I was able to calibrate using " Productivity Plus" on all of my machines... including all of my 3+2 TR310 and TR210... a little modification was needed but no biggie.... NOW I just email my reseller and renishaw to find out if there is a way that I can preloaded all of the marcos inside the machine, instead of posting them out with my cutting NC program...in the Productivity Plus Post Configuration software.I was able to tell it to do whatever/however I like for it to direct my machine tool, it like the mastercam post but got supper simplify... so that 's a plus...plus..... I wish mastercam post is that easy to do.. hehehe. but no biggie...

Any how any CNC guys in here can come in and help me with how to " Preload" all of the " Proplus 's macros" inside all of my machines?

Greatly Appreciated

• 2 months later...

Masterminder408,

I am going thru the process at the moment of trying to get the Productivity plus add on for an Okuma Multus with an OSP200 control, Sounds like you have got yours working. Seems like we should get our resellers together. Mine dosen't even know if it can be done.. Any way you can point me in the right direction?

I'm currently trialling the standalone Renishaw Productivity Plus software. It does everything I need it to do, and I can use the code with whatever CAM system I need to. I like it.

Renishaw can supply a post for the P200 control.

• 1 month later...

Richard C,

Yes it happened to me too... Productivity Plus will not work on any other Plane except for a TOP WCS, you have to manipulate so that your view is TOP no matter what, you can copy your plane and it will work........ for IE: in horizontal programming

- make your Top is your Front Plane, create an extra WCS.... Prductivity Plus only work with the Z axis facing torward you..

Richard C,

Yes it happened to me too... Productivity Plus will not work on any other Plane except for a TOP WCS, you have to manipulate so that your view is TOP no matter what, you can copy your plane and it will work........ for IE: in horizontal programming

- make your Top is your Front Plane, create an extra WCS.... Prductivity Plus only work with the Z axis facing torward you..

As we discussed yesterday during the webinar, this has been addressed in X7 Mu1.

Cheers,

• Like 1