Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

lost drill points

Trapper Paul

go into the sort options and uncheck "filter out duplicates"

This happens to me if I want to drill on the right plane, but I accidentally picked the top plane. Since from the top plane the x,y coordinates of the holes are identical (but the z value is different), it will filter out the duplicates.

Hello forum,

We are still having problems selecting points (arc centers) to drill too!

Happens repeatably, I select 4 arc center points, choose my drill and sure enough it only has 3 points in the toolpath.

FRUSTRATION, Why?

Anyone else having an issue like this?

Any idea's - I have been programming with Mastercam a long time.

Thanks

let me re-think how i said this;

when i pick (phantom) points (center of arcs) to drill too - I pick 8, program my drilling and go to drill and i see i have only 7 or 6 spots to drill to.

ussualy its the first point i picked thats missing.

any one have this problem or know why?

I have never had that problem. I will say, it is safer to choose your drill location either by "entity" or "mask on arc."

Trying to pick what you call a "phantom point" at the center of an arc is dangerous... too easy to pick a quadrant or a random point.

I have never had an issue with X7. I'm not sure what process you follow to select your holes, but when the drill point selection opens up, choose "ENTITIES", then pick your arcs. This works 100% of the time.

If you use the icon that looks like a mouse pointer, it is far too easy to pick midpoint, instead of center, and so on.

Using entities only allows you to select arcs.

Also in your sorting options make sure your don't have "depth filtering" turned on.

You could just send an email to your MasterCam rep. As long as he can reproduce it, then they can track it down. If it's just a once-in-a-while thing, then they have a harder time.

Make sure you explain the exact sequences you're using.

Also, you may just try a re-install. I had a issue once that I could reproduce, but only on my computer. I fixed it with a re-install.

I had this issue in SP2 using fbm drill. I ended up moving the solid and regenerating. I did not verify again. Everything looked good on where the blue toolpath was but the chamfer was off on the finished part on the machine.

I ran it through verify and it showed it. I never could get it to capture the right points so I created geo and used that instead.

I just thought that it could have been a lot worse than it was, especially if I would have moved the solid a bunch!

Since your only selecting a small number of arcs try this after selecting the drill tool path.

Right click on "arc center" from the drop down menu on your auto cursor override. This will only allow you to select arc center points. Then select all your arcs one at a time. This may not be how you are used to doing it but it is an easy work around and my method of choice for selecting geometry to drill mainly because I have full control of the drilling order without having to use the sort function. Just don't forget to turn it off when your done or you will have problems snapping on to entities other than arc center points with your auto cursor.