Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

how to edit custom tool library

Trapper Paul

I would like to edit a custom tool library i set up years ago.

Things like - delete extra tools - make sure the tool number corresponds to the tool length offset - rearrange tools, etc

Can anyone help by telling me an easy way to edit the tool library?

thanks in advance,

frustrated in Colorado

You'll need to convert the library to a tool database to use it in McamX7 if it started out as a legacy library,... ex: custom tools.tools-6

You can, in McamX6 for example, copy the tools from the legacy library into a MCX part file using the tool manager, then select the create new tool library icon, rename the file but allow the utility to create it as a .tooldb and copy all the tools into the new library.

The custom tool database can then be copied into McamX7 and when you open it in the legacy tool manager it will be updated to X7.