Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

SP2 install error

Thad

I updated 4 seats of MC to SP2 last week and got an error on one machine. "The following files did not self-register: C:Mcam91MastercamScriptEditor.dll Unspecified error"

The install on 3 other systems went fine. I don't know what happened, but it's kind of hard to screw up double clicking the .exe and selecting Next/OK. I uninstalled SP2 and re-installed it...same thing. What's going on here? Everything seems to function fine.

Thad

Hi Thad,

What occured is that the files for the Visual Basic editor did not register properly during install. This could be due to an incompatible OS. The VB stuff is using newer code and isn't supported on old NT4, or 98. Sometimes updating to the newest Internet Explorer will help this, but mastercam will function fine, unless you use the VB editor

When you installed it on the 3 different machines did you transfer the same .exe file over the network to all the pc's? That might have fudged something up. Try to completely re-download the S.P. and try a fresh install. Maybe use some kind of uninstall tool to remove SP2 then reinstall the fresh download....or I could be talking out of my hinny...lmao

HTH

EDIT:/

Go with QC guy, He is prolly smater than me!

[ 09-23-2003, 08:42 AM: Message edited by: Toolfab ]

Thad,

What is this PC's OS and service pak information?

Were any programs running during the install?

Were any virus programs disabled during the install?

Was Mastercam and the script editor opened previously before running the install? If it was did someone write a script that may have errored (crash) and perhaps left the script editor "hanging"?

Reboot the PC, close or disable any running programs and try the update install again.

[ 09-23-2003, 09:00 AM: Message edited by: Mick from CNC Software, Inc. ]

Iskander: Yes, I installed it as Administrator. Now that you mention it, this was the only computer that has Administrator set up on it. The others, we just log in as MC1, MC2, etc and install and uninstall as we please.

QC Manager: We're running WinXP Pro with all updates.

Toolfab: Yes, the file in on the network and I pulled it down from each seat.

Zero: I'll look for the file in WinXP. Will it give me a message saying that it's been registered properly so I know it worked? As it is right now (we don't use the VB editor...yet), you can't tell that there is anything wrong with it. How will I know that it got registered?

Thad

Thad,

If you try to register the dll with regsvr32.exe you will see a message stating it registered or failed to register.

You can use Mastercam as expected without having the script editor registered, obviously you would not be able to use the editors functionality although you can still run scripts directly via the mcamvb.dll chook.

[ 09-23-2003, 09:04 AM: Message edited by: Mick from CNC Software, Inc. ]

Mick,

quote:

What is this PC's OS and service pak information?

WinXP with all updates.

quote:

Were any programming running during the install?

No.

quote:

Were any virus programs disabled during the install?

Virus protection running on network was not disabled.

quote:

Was Mastercam and the script editor opened previously before running the install? If it was did someone write a script that may have errored (crash) and perhaps left the script editor "hanging"? Reboot the PC and try the update install again.

Only copying and pasteing some scripts you posted a few weeks ago into the editor. Machine has been rebooted probably 10 times since.

Thad

Tried your suggestion Zero. I got this message: Dll Resister Server in (Path name) failed. Return code was: 08x0004005

quote:

Reboot the PC, check the task manager to disable any non critical programs that may be running and execute the install immediately after.

Mick, I'll try that right now.

Thad

Thad,

If that fails try this, delete the dll reboot the machine and copy the dll off of one of the other machines that registered fine and manually register it with regsvr32.exe. I am wondering if your dll got corrupted during the SP2 install.

[ 09-23-2003, 09:26 AM: Message edited by: Mick from CNC Software, Inc. ]

• 2 months later...

hi -

Marc (mis) and I are trying to install V9.1 on a 'new' comuter, and ran into the

"C:DOCUME~1adm_zLOCALS~1tempSFGa86f.rraMCExa88e.rra The specified module could not be found.

"C:DOCUME~1adm_zLOCALS~1tempSFGcb39.rraTLiscb.rra The specified

module could not be found.

Mastercam runns ok with just a few opening errors:

'can't find ... tempbnci.bin'

'can't find ... tempt.mc9'

'can't find ... templastchn.tmp'

we are going to try a re-install, but has anyone seen these errors??

Kathy

btw - os Win2k SP4

Okay - before rekd smokes me -

the second was a directory thing (I have a custom .cfg file and on my system it is setup with temp files to c:mcam9commontemp, but somthing switched the directory over to c:mcam9temp on the new machine.

I would still like to know what the first two files were that failed to be found!! The re-install did fix that error!

Kathy

biggrin.gif