Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

X7 Transform toolpath problems... repeatable

DavidSV

I am having a problem translating a part for my router. It's a small part, 2"x4". I am trying to translate it across a 4x8 sheet, so 23 pieces x 23 pieces. Half way through the translated ops, some of the toolpath just switch directions. Then towards the end of the translate they change back to being correct. I have included a couple screen shots showing whats happened.

Thanks

David

post-11541-0-77991800-1378395833_thumb.png

post-11541-0-12486200-1378395891_thumb.png

I have translate problems on arcs in X6 also, to the point I have had to change depth of cut to keep it from erroring out on the 3rd or 4th blade. Guess it could have been worse, the machine didn't respond since the arc was too small.

Translate should be identical to the original just in a different place unless I really missed something somewhere.

The bug JP is referring seems to be only associated to arcs, switching the source from NCI to geometry fixed the issue in my case,..

It fixed on "part" of mine but then I transformed the transform and it went haywire, using NCI or geometry made no difference.

I wound up transforming the geometry and using feature chaining and chaining them all

From QC

This is already being looked at for the next update. I just tried your file our internal build of the next update and transform by NCI is now working as expected. Thanks for sending it in. The more sample files we have to test against the better.
  • 2 weeks later...

I just finishing a programming a part in X7 that had multiple transform operations, both translating and rotating (it was a rotary part, with multiple patterns).

X7 started choking big time. I generated a transform operation, and it translated the pattern twice. Then, all I did was save the file, and exit X7. I restarted X7, and reopened the part, and regenned the operation. It regenned perfectly.

Everytime I have worked with Transform toolpaths in X7 I have encountered something like this.