Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

wire edm comm. problem

DGreeves

We have a mits. fx 10 wire edm. we are having problems trying to communicate between M.C. and the edm. We have made sure the parrameters are the same in the edm and M.C. I am wondering if anyone out there has had any problems with there mits wire machines in the past. We have two Hass mills that work great.

Thank you

Hi D,

Running a fa20 and haven't had any problems. You say all your settings are set the same so i'll give youwhat works for us.

port=com1

baud=9600

parity=even

data bits=8

stop bits=2handshakle=none

also don't forget to check your machine settings, ours are as follows:

device=rs232

i/o mode =input

data kind=nc program

These are probably obvious but i have personally set data bits to seven and got japanese programs eek.gif ,never hurts to check !

Any error message ?

Good luck

Hi D,

Do you have another type off Edm going as you are trying to send your program?

I also have a FA20 and have never had a problem, but when we got our FA10 installed, and the RS232 cable was installed in the celling running over the FA20, I can't send a program to the FA10 with the FA20 running.

It dosent verly matter to me, you have to anyways make the machine ready for the program, so unless your program is very long, I just put the disk in my backpoucket is I am going out to the machine.

Lars

We finaly got are machine and m.c. to send and receive programs. But are M.C. settings and the edm. settings are basically opposite besides the baud rate. M.C. settings are format ASCII, PORT ONE, Parity even, Data bits 7, Stop bits 2, Handshaking software. The edm settings are Parity odd Chr. length 8 Port 2, Handshake DC code system. This does not make sense, but it seems to be downloading the programs correctly don't ask me how. Anyone with this situation feel free to respond. FX10K Mits. wire edm. M.C. 9.1 level one

• 1 month later...

Some of the new fast computers have an issue with RS232 communications. I have seen several machines that give overrun errors with a new computer. (the cable and settings remaining the same) You can sometimes solve the problem by adding a delay before each line of 50 to 200 in the communications parameters in the computer. This situation just happened to me again two days ago.

Mits and Mazak (Mazak uses Mits' controls) typically have had the data and stop bit settings opposite of Fanuc