Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Seicos 16m Control on a Hitachi Seki 630

cncfrank

Hello all: I need to drip feed to this control, and am having problems getting it to work. I have used the chook in Mastercam, SectionNCI to break up my program, but now I'm running 35 programs one at a time to finish the part. The only expert I know in Drip feeding controls, is out of town.......Please if anyone can help, or knows of anyone in the Detroit area, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Frank

In the in/out (F8) settings on the machine you need to change the setting (F6) from in device to your Reader. Its normally set to RS323 which is how you put programs into the control. You need to change it to what ever is set as your DNC device. Mine is Reader for DNC (drip feed) and RS232 for programs into the controller.

Thank you David! Our control is normally set to Card, to load programs, and I tried to drip feed by changing that to rs232, but according to you I should put it on READER. I would think, if we are using the RS232 port it should be set to that? But will try anything. You wrote " You need to change it to what ever is set as your DNC device" could you explain this? Sorry I'm not real good with machine controls, or are the operators....I'm just a programmer.

Thanks,

Frank

Firstly have you ever Dripped feed this machine?

It is an option!

When I put programs into the controller I use the In/out setting set to RS232. If I need to drip feed because the program is too large to fit into the controller I have to change the In/Out settings to reader.

Then use "Tape" mode to run the program.

If your using a program in the controller you will be using "Memory" mode.

Tape mode is an option you will have to have a separate RS232 cable going into the electrical cabinet of the machine for drip feeding (DNC)

You can not DNC through the RS232 going into the controller.

Do you have two RS232 cables going into the machine? One to the controller and one into the electrical cabinet?

Sorry I'm not real good with machine controls, or are the operators....I'm just a programmer.

Might need to consider getting out there and running the machine then and get real good. That will make you a better programmer and problem solver for these types of issues when they come up. I consider all programmers the CEO's of the companies they work for. Everything you touch needs to have your best and most attention and by being a complete part of the process. You can be the answer person you need to be. I am just the programmer, no sir you are the life blood of that company and when you fail the company fails. A good programmer understands even these little things in my humble opinion. Take ownership of the work you do down to the smallest detail, make sure what you give the floor is everything they need not just part of it.Sorry, but calling yourself just a programmer is such a cop out. Be more than just a programmer be that person everyone in that company needs you to be. Be the answer person and let your light shine bright so that when things get tough you are the answer guy, I like the floor, I always always liked the floor, because I got some of my best insight into programs and problems on the floor not at my desk. Interact with your operators and be more than just a programmer. Be the problem solver, be the address of their issues, be the person that takes time to listen to their ideas. Doesn't take much time to show them you are more than just the programmer. Sorry if this comes across as my jumping on you not my goal. I read that and sorry, but I hope you do not feel that way and I read it wrong. Ownership does not start with the person who owns the company. It starts with the employees owning their jobs. I have worked for tons of owners and at the end of the day I let my work define me not their actions. I learned and have done so much, not many times because it was my job. I did it because I always wanted to be more than just a programmer I always wanted to be the best programmer I could be.

Sorry but best of luck and hopefully you can get the answers you need to your question or have already figured it out.

• Like 1

Wow regular guy.......I was being sarcastic! I have been on the floor, and have put myself into every job I do. I have been frustrated with this machine, and am so busy I don't have the time to learn the control to drip feed my programs to it. As much as I would like to know everything about every machine, I don't have the time, I have put forth the effort, but sometimes I have to give up, while my work piles up.......to get the job done. This part is still sitting on the machine waiting for a tech guy to come out and get the drip feed to work, and while waiting I have done 4 other hot jobs that are due. Even though I've received some great ideas here to get it going......I just don't have the time to try them. Thanks all for the responses !!

cncfrank then someone above you needs to examine the companies delivery process and quit making you clean up their mess. I always hated someone else fire became mine to put out. I have to say if I were getting dumped on like that I would have to pass it to the boss and tell him to bring in someone to solve a problem like that as well, I apologize for being so harsh not my intent and thing about these forums you never know the person on the other side till you do get to know them. Best of luck in your tasks at hand if you need outside help to get things done please consider shooting me an email. I would be glad to assist.

• 3 weeks later...