Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

trim surfaces

Hertz

Just wondering...why the surfaces? wire frame would have been enough to machine, wouldn't it.

Yes. It was for 3D demonstration for someone who couldn't understand the 2D drawing. I was trying to explain to him but he couldn't see it. So I said, I'll just draw it for you.

I see, yea sometimes it is hard to visualize someone elses concepts and a drawing speaks volumes. You went the extra mile with all the levels, I like it. I highly endorse and use levels alot, there are alot of people that don't use levels, I also use different colours for my surfaces. Most of the time it is easier to pick out the different surfaces and also see the wireframe.

lol, ya I like to use levels as well but those are not from me. I imported the dxf originally and was trying to show the guy from that file. I ended up using that file as my start. Never ended up deleting the levels from the whole assembly.

I agree with you though about different colors. I typically change the colors around in a lot of my files for different reasons and of course different levels as well.

Just a quick question, I notice you are in Kitchener. I used to live and work in Waterloo 11 years ago. May I ask where you work out of curiosity?