Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

What's the best coolant?

Guyinthedesert

I've been using Dascool 2357 for about 5 years now

Used to use S500. Foamed toooo much

Tried Cimcool, Castrol, Blazer, Et all. Most of them caused my hands too much grief.

Been very happy with Dascool.

Not real easy to find, but well worth it

We use Dascool 2900 - used to be from Stuart Oils until they got bought out.

But it's a real good all-rounder. We did a back to back test on 2x identical machines running the same parts and got twice the tool life on stainless against the previous coolant we ran but I can't remember the name - DOH!

Anyway, the dascool doesn't foam has never gone off, handles oil in the sump well (as both lathes are box way) and it's gentle on my skin!

Also it doesn't stain ally

Has anyone using Hangsterfer's S500 had brown staining inside the machine? I've been using it and the inside of my mill is turning brown. If you've had trouble with this how did you get the brown waxy coating off the inside of the machine? Also, how are you guys, using the S500, mixing it? Do you use a simple $30 mixing valve or a high dollar mixer from Hangsterfer's?

Found my old req. purchased from Western cutting tool a couple of years ago of on the price gave you the price of the cheapest mixer.

ZEB MIX03725

1.0 BARREL MIXER FOR COOLANT 3GPM 0-25%

EA 223.10

MIXER-MACHINIST

Lead time from Factory 1 day turnaround

Order Line Notes:

1-DAY TO SHIP FROM THE

FACTORY***FOB OH