Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Another tool gone bad

Bob W.

I opened up another large file today and I keep getting alarms about corrupt tools (1/8" ball mill). I went to regenerate one of the Optirough operations and I got the alarm to the effect of "tool diameter and radius values don't match those in operation, please reselect tool". This was for a 1/4" x .06R bull mill. Anyone else having these issues? Any ideas why tools keep going corrupt? These are all used in very large operations and they take a considerable amount of time to fix and regenerate. Huge waste of time...

No problems here. I used the update utility despite all the warnings, and I just use a tool out of one of the libraries as is, or modify it to suit me. I have not used the new tool manager, nor have I taken the time to learn how to create a library with all our tools.

I am using surface high speed toolpaths and importing operations from one part to the next and re-genning, and so far (fingers crossed) everything is fine. I am really happy with the speed of X7 over X6. Yesterday, I programmed a part (out of the same family) in 1 hour, where in X6 it would have been an all day affair.