Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

X7 Tool Manager

oneyankfan1

When I open the new tool manager and try to create a threadmill with an imported .dxf file it wont create, I have to open X7 and then access the old tool manager then create the threadmill off of geometry on a level that way, and then it will show up in the new tool manager, also if the new tool manager is open when I do this it dosent show up untill I close it and open it back up. Is there a way to not have to create the threadmill this way and do it in the new toolmanager directly? Am i missing something?

Have you read this from the help about the ISO 13399 Format?

- Import Custom Geometry from Level - Choose to create the custom profile from a profile stored on a level in the active MCX file when working in Mastercam.

- Import Custom Geometry from File - Choose to create the custom profile from a file. Both MCX and DXF are valid file types when you are working in Mastercam. When you are working in the Tool Manager application, MCX files are not supported.

Note: DXF file types must be in ISO 13399 format.

- Reset Tool Profile - Choose to discard any custom profile that the tool may have, and reset the tool to a Parametric tool.

Note: This button becomes available only after either of the import buttons above are chosen. Once you select a custom file or custom level to import geometry from, Mastercam recognizes that the tool is custom and uses a custom profile, and the Reset Tool Profile button becomes active.

- Scalable - Select this checkbox to create a scaled version of the custom geometry. For scalable custom tools to achieve the correct behavior, the custom geometry must follow the Mastercam guidelines for custom profiles (1 unit radius).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ISO_13399

Here is a link to the Thesis on the subject. http://kth.diva-portal.org/smash/get/diva2:13824/FULLTEXT01