Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

O/T Okuma MacTurn...who uses these??

Toolfab

Looks like a neat machine. Does nyone have any experiance with this machine? Has anyone written a post for this? NOT LOOKING FOR A FREE POST, I DON'T EVEN HAVE THE MACHINE but we are considering getting one.

Right now I am in the number crunching process so I want to know if I need to camission a post to be built for the machine, or if there is one already floting out there.

The machine is cool, it turns and mills in the same machine in one chucking, programmable angle head, indexable live chuck. It is weird and cool at the same time.

Just hoping somebody can weigh in on this subject.

Thanks all.

cheers.gif

Paul

The MacTurn is the Okuma version of the Integrex-style machine; correct?

I don't have any experience with this machine although my experience with Okuma in general has been very good. That being said, I have heard many good things about the Mori Seiki version of this machine and I believe that my reseller, S4A has a pretty dialed-in post for the Mori. If you are looking at the Okuma only I'm sure that you could get a post built for you; it probably ain't gonna be $100, though.

I don't know what type of tolerances you are going to use this machine for, but if they are under .001" total I STRONGLY suggest going another way. If not, do a turnkey or get a written guarantee from Okuma that if the machine doesn't perform a certain way for a certain amount of time they eat the machine, rigging, install costs, ALL OF IT.

We are currently in an ongoing legal battle regarding our Integrex because we did not have our documentation quite as good as we should've.

Don't go for the 'the specs say it repeats .00005' bullsh!t, either, cause it ain't happening

C

[ 10-02-2003, 10:11 AM: Message edited by: chris m ]

Chris been there done that on a (will not say name) CNC lathe about 8 years ago. Thing would erase programs, change tool at the chuck, go dead for no reason, and etc........ Documentation is the only weapon you got people make you a book when any machine hits the floor. Keep godo notes of every problem and keep all service call sheets. I about 5 years ago bought 2 brand new machine a CNC lathe and a CNC mill from the same company. I from the get go told them soemthign was wrong with the Mill spindle I fought for 9 months and finnaly got a new spindle put in it. I also have other problem wit hthe tool changer after 2 years I finnay figured out what it was the liner bearing on the ATC were loose because I keep such good reacord of the countless problem I had with it they grudeinly came fixed it at not cost ot me well after my warranty was up.

Good Luck

Crazy Millman

Thanks for the input guys. My reseller was unaware of the MacTurn post, to there deffence I sprung this question to them at a tool show yesterday and they had no time to research it for me. The said after the show they would get back to me, but I have no patience..lmao...and thought I would see if any of my peers in here were using this particular machine.

quote:

The MacTurn is the Okuma version of the Integrex-style machine; correct?

Chris, I have NO idea. I am not familair with this machine.

Roger, thanks for the heads up!

Millman, there is always a good reason for a well kept paper trail, your situation is just more proof.

cheers.gif

[ 10-02-2003, 11:01 AM: Message edited by: Toolfab ]

Hi Guys,

If your looking at Mill/Turns take a look at Mori Seiki MT series,

Mori Mt

We've been running two here for a couple of years, a MT253-1500 and a MT4000-4000, While we had a major issue with our 4000, Mori looked after the problem well. Both have been solid reliable machines.

Good luck,

Grant. cheers.gif

There is a local company here, that has an Okuma MacTurn 50. I've been out there twice, and spent a bit of time checking it out.

They are indeed a "Integrex/MT" style machine, with the "turret/Spindlehead" in a vertical position over the z axis.

Nice machines imho, expecially since they have the Okuma control (I really like Okuma controls).

I put an enquiry up for them, as to wether there was a MacTurn post avaliable for Mastercam, and indeed there was. This was about 10-11 months ago, so I'm sure its been refined even further.

Cheers,

Mick