Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Autodesk Converter Problems

fej

Problems with MCam9.1 SP2 reading current

Autocad 2004 files and Mechanical Desktop latest release. Reads Autocad 2000 & older version also Mechanical Desktop 6.0 & older versions just fine.

Wondering what can be done to correct problems....

Got a new computer recently,

Loaded Mcam9.1 software from latest CD and applied ServicePack 1 and SP2 from download.

Imports Inventor files and pre Autocad 2004 fine.

Just problems with Autocad 2004 & latest version

of Autodesk Mechanical Desktop............

I'm very sure it has nothing to do with any Mcam9

settings, because if I save the Autocad file to a Acad 2000 version than Mcam reads the file just fine. I think I need a patch that corrects the problem but which one is the question I've loaded all the current patches that the sight request and I double checked to see if there is one im missing and I believe I have all the current patches and the current Service Pack.

Very bewildered ???

• 1 month later...

Jimmy,

I un-installed Design Tracker & tried it. This made it worse. Even Inventor files would not import. Re-installed Design Tracker & Inventor files work again, but Autocad & Mech.Desk 2004 still don't.

Les,

Our SP2 is a download version. Did your dealer explain why the CD version was more current than the download one? It would seem that the download version would be the most current, given the time involved to distribute new CDs.

Everyone,

Has anyone else besides "fej" & me had this problem? The problem "fej" describes sounds like a carbon-copy of our problem. Our dealer has even had these problems, & is working on it.

We got the SP2 CD & tried it. It worked! biggrin.gif

THANK YOU!!! cheers.gif

We checked into it some to try & find out exactly what files had changed. It ultimately comes down to 2 files in the "apps" folder; dwgin.dll & stitch.dll. Ours were dated 04/15/03, the newly installed ones were 06/06/03(dwgin.dll) & 06/09/03(stitch.dll).

We now know where we "farged" (is this word akin to "fubar"?) wink.gif our SP1 download. The Apps91SP1.zip has all the correct files. We messed up by going a step too far. We went on down to the "Current Available Version 9.1 Updates" section of the "Current Downloads" & downloaded the above mentioned files. We did not have the "Skip older files" option checked when we extracted the files. Hence, bad over-wrote good & never prompted us.

Hey "fej",

If you're still having problems, try what we did.

Everyone,

I consider this topic closed. As a relative newbie to this forum, can I officially close it or lock it, or does "fej" have to as the topic starter? confused.gif