Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Wish List

CEMENTHEAD

Here is one that would be very useful,

I have 3 other software here that can do it, and the ability has

been there for years.

Drag geometry files(.stp, igs, x_t...what ever supported) to the working area

either on a black open file or one you are working on.

would save more time then any other 'wish'

You mean like I'm doing right now in X8 ? :thumbsup:

Drag 'n Drop any file type that you can do a File-Open on in Mastercam onto the Graphics area of a running instance of Mastercam (X8).

This Drag 'n Drop works just like as if you are doing a File-Open...

Anything currently in the database will be replaced.

If the current database is 'dirty', you will be prompted if you wish to save it before loading in the "dropped" file.

• Like 1

To expand on the drag and drop, it would be pretty useful to be able to run more then one instance of MC, and be able to not only merge files, but drag and drop tool groups or operations. I make templates now but when you are digging through stuff it would be pretty slick to just drag and drop instead of making a template file.

• Like 1

To expand on the drag and drop, it would be pretty useful to be able to run more then one instance of MC, and be able to not only merge files, but drag and drop tool groups or operations. I make templates now but when you are digging through stuff it would be pretty slick to just drag and drop instead of making a template file.

+100 ON THAT