Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

VTL 5 axis

Hi emastercam people, long time no see,

Unfortunately, I am not using Mastercam on a regular basis we hired a new programmer a few years ago and now I mainly do quotations and work on SW :)

We are looking for a VTL 5axis Ø60in minimum to boost our production by now those parts are produced on a conventional VTL and a conventional boring mill, it takes an eternity (over 10h per parts)

I simply want to get a few feedback about your experiences with that kind of machines and what is available on the market , by now the only one i get a quote is a Parpas diamond machine from Italy

Tanks !

thanks for the reply

@ crazy^millman, by now mazak integrex is one of the best , way cheaper than Parpas or Hermle

we can buy a full load 5 axis + turning + twin pallet integrex with all possible options for the price of a basic Parpas diamond 5 axis....

we still wait for Okuma, we already own 11 Okumas here so our employees will be in a comfort zone

@ K2csq7 my jeep built is going well it's now on 35 with 5in lift.

I need to put the build aside a little bit, with 2 daughters its a different life now, the priority's has changed a little bit :)

1000259_10151619760754141_2114341723_n.jpg

thanks for the reply

@ crazy^millman, by now mazak integrex is one of the best , way cheaper than Parpas or Hermle

we can buy a full load 5 axis + turning + twin pallet integrex with all possible options for the price of a basic Parpas diamond 5 axis....

we still wait for Okuma, we already own 11 Okumas here so our employees will be in a comfort zone

@ K2csq7 my jeep built is going well it's now on 35 with 5in lift.

I need to put the build aside a little bit, with 2 daughters its a different life now, the priority's has changed a little bit :)

1000259_10151619760754141_2114341723_n.jpg

Wow, she sure is doing well!

I know all about the "priority changes", just had my 4th "priority changer" LOL.

• 2 weeks later...

so, we met a few reps from Parpas, Matsuura, DMG and Okuma , by now the Mazak integrex is ahead of everyone in about every aspect

we still wait for Hermle to see what they have to offer

the final decision is not taken but i hope that we pull the trigger soon on that project, it will be a huge step forward for our company