Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

How much computer do I need?

Hard to tell I would think Memory would help maybe bump that one up to 32 gig maybe 64 gigs if the rig can handle it. i7 would be more choice over the Xeon now a days. Maybe a Sandy Bridge over clocked, but make sure you take cooling it into account if you even start to think about over clocking it. Are you running a SSD that also is another of my 1st choices. Go with an Intel or Samsung Pro verse the EVO or cheaper SSD's out there.

• Like 1

I have to agree with the above posts. Go with an i core processor, 32 or more gigs of RAM, keep the Quadro cards, and an SSD local hard drive with a secondary "spin" drive whatever size you think you'll need for standard storage. I have seen several Sandy Bridge overclocked processors built specifically for Mastercam and they ran beautifully. Those 4 components bring the most out of Mastercam.