Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Haas dnc haulting?

Gary

I have one mill here that "sometimes" (alot to today) will just run out of code on a dnc drip. Has anyone had this? I am not sure if the machine is forgetting to ask for more code or computer is failing to send. We have three machines all with the same dnc settings, and this is only problem child. any thoughts/

thanks,

Gary

I had a similar situation in a shop that I was troubleshooting DNC issues similar to yours. The owner insisted that all hardware was flawless so I went through all of the standard checks and spent considerable time. Suffice to say, I eventually borrowed a cable from a machine that was working and attached it to the problem child and the problem was solved.

If you have verified that the settings at the control match the settings at the other machines controls and the computers settings are the same across the board then you need to check connections, swap cables, plug the cable into a port on the computer that is working and send to the problem machine to test the port/switch, etc...

I had similar issues, and after enough investigation I was told "IF" the machine (Specifically Haas) is not grounded properly, you could drop data connectivity, therefore I purchased a filter from a DNC distributor for $99, plugged it in to the control, and I have not had an issue since.

I had similar issues, and after enough investigation I was told "IF" the machine (Specifically Haas) is not grounded properly, you could drop data connectivity, therefore I purchased a filter from a DNC distributor for $99, plugged it in to the control, and I have not had an issue since.

We fixed a similar problem on a Haas mini mill by adding a filter.

Unistall and reinstall software after trying fifo buffer and different cable. I don't know if it was the reinstall or the restart but it made it through the run. I will check last two options individually next round but I was running out of time on this one. thanks again