Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

New to CNC - Buying First Mill

RetiredVegabond

After reading about what Bob is doing with multiple block skip option, I was wondering if anyone does other things with it. We have nine block skips on our machine and I'm wondering what I could use all of them for?

Yes and it also easily added to the post using a mi or mr as a swtich. Then for sections you can get /1 all the way through /9 pretty easily. Do a search this was covered years ago.

After reading about what Bob is doing with multiple block skip option, I was wondering if anyone does other things with it. We have nine block skips on our machine and I'm wondering what I could use all of them for?

Here is how I have my block skips currently set up.

1 - not used

2 - /2 M0 between M198 program calls when running multiple programs on the machine and I want to pause between each one to make sure everything is set right

3 - not used

4 - /4 table rapid to safe position during tool changes. This controls code in the tool change macro so if there is something large in the vise (VMC) the table rapids to a safe location during all tool changes.

5 - /5 M30. I place this line ahead of the M99 command in looping programs on my horizontal machine. For the last cycle of the night I turn off /5, activate the power off function and go to bed.

6 - /6 activates probing routines for on machine inspection. These can be time consuming and with /6 it is easy to turn them on or off when you want to take measurements in the program

7 - not used

8 - tool setting

9 - break detect

I forgot that I use /3 until I was standing at the machine this morning. My post outputs /3 M1 between each operation and M1 at tool changes. If I want to have the machine pause at each operation and tool changes I will turn off /3, otherwise option stop will only pause the machine at tool changes.