Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

X7 Tool Manager - Freeze/Crash making new tool

rocheey1

Any time I try to create a new tool in MasterCam X7, the Tool Manager just freezes. I end up having to kill Mcx thru Ctrl-Alt-Del. Im working around this by coping a random tool from a random library, then re-editing the tool to make a 'new' tool.

I was previously running 32 bit ver of X7, 4 gigs Ram, and did not have this problem. I recently wiped my hdd clean, installed 64 bit, using 10 gigs ram, Quadro FX1800, and have installed the latest OEM network / Gfx drivers.

I have disabled the antivirus, ensured no extraneous programs are running, and have no other apps installed on this box except for MsOffice.

Any ideas ?

• 2 weeks later...

Three times yesterday, I was in the process of creating a new tool. When I clicked on Finish it exited the New Tool function, and didn't create the tool. So I had to redo the tool creation.

That happened at random (I was creating a total of seven tools, all different types)

I've also had the tool manager lock up, and crash on occasion, when creating a new tool. I've not been able to pin it down to what triggers it.