Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Mazak Fusion 640 and program numbers

daryl_y

We just had a Mazak VTC 250 come into our shop from another building and it has the older Mazak Fusion 640 control.

For years we have used a letter prefix in our program #'s to differentiate what machine it was programmed for, Example program # H1234 is for a Hass, program # V1234 is the same program except for a OKK etc. We have never had an issue with this on any of our other machines and we have many different ones, have Hass, OKK, Hermle, and several Mazaks with the newer Matrix control.

It seems that the Mazak Fusion control will not read a program with a letter in front of it, it will read prog# 1234 but not X1234 for example, Has any one found away around this? We have been converting proven programs over to this machine and running them there and this issue is throwing a wrench into the works.

Currently our programs are stored on the network and then moved to another folder on the network that the machine is set-up to read from. The only solution I have came up with so far is to have them rename the copy of the program in the machine folder using windows and then have the machine read it in. (For example change X1234 to 1234 and read it in) but this is relies on the operators not to screw anything up and the file will have to be renamed again (from 1234 to X1234 ) before saving it back to the server.

Note when I say program numbers I am talking about what the program is actually named not the number at the top of file.

That control requires a OXXXX format, but you can putthe names in (Program Name) to load them in the machine. They can reside on the server anyway you like, but should end in .eia to make life easier.

Sorry you figured out the best way and that is what happens when you mix old technology with new technology. It is kind of like asking I have this machine I made programs for that has a 40k spindle and 1200 imp feedrate, but when I try to run it on that old broke down machine that only has a 4k spindle and feedrates of 60 imp it just does not work the same. Sorry, but it is kind of the same thing.