Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

SLOW.... X7 verify

daryl_y

I have been using X7 MU1 for a couple of months and just updated to MU2 yesterday. So far with X7 I have been happy (more or less) with the new verify. I just finished up a family of parts that were rather large (40.00 x 30.00 x 5.00 ) and complicated 3 axis parts and was very happy with the speed of the verify in X7. Then I come across this little (and simple) part that is 2.50 x 2.25 x 2.00 and the verify is slow as Christmas especially the Opticore tool paths at the start of the program. In my Mastercam simulator defautls file my precision factor is 2 and my precision index is 6 which in the past I have been happy with.

I have attached the X7 file and a screen shot of my filter settings for my Opticore toolpaths. Please see if you can find out what is making verify run so slow.

post-13194-0-71549300-1397219114_thumb.png

10341.MCX-7

I have seen on smaller parts that with the Precision Factor turned up it will slow way down. Try it at 1 and see if that helps. Also linearization of entry helix's will slow it down too. Use create 3D arcs. The broad range in parts we do I have a dozen or so XML files for the different size parts.

Yep, with those settings it's slow to live run over here as well. CamMan is on the right path as far as it running better (3d arcs will probably run better on your control as well).

Quick question for you, Daryl:

Did you arrive at the Precision Factor of 2 back in X7, or have you reevaluated that as a default since Mu1 came out? The reason I ask is that we reworked the algorithm based on feedback and examples for Mu1, and all of the settings were turned "up." That means than an X7 MU1 value of "1" is equal to an X7 value of ~1.6 or so. So that means you're forcing everything to start a X7 value of ~3. I used to leave mine set ~2.2 in X7 (I think that's what it was, I said it on the forum a long time ago, but it doesn't really matter), but now I can leave it at 1, and just crank up the precision slider if I need it. The sliders' adjustment range also got tweaked, so defaulting to 6 probably isn't necessary anymore, either, but that's not the biggest slow down.

In general, I'd recommend setting your Precision factor down between 1-1.5, and sliding it up on the bar if you need a bit more for certain toolpaths.

I've attached a comparison screenshot here.

PF 2 & Index 6 on the left, PF 1 & Index 5 on the right. I couldn't tell a difference, except for speed:

post-12334-0-88705600-1397490522_thumb.png

Thank you all for your help. Sorry for the slow response I did not get any chance to "play" on the forums yesterday :)

Aaron,

I changed my precision index to 5 and precision factor to 1.25 and it made big difference speed wise on this part. I did not start using X7 until after MU1 came out, my first couple of parts I did with X7MU1(which were very large) I was not happy with the quality of the verify. I did some research on the forums here and started playing with the P-factor and P-index settings I wound up with a P-factor of 2 and my P index of 6 and was happy with the results for a few weeks. I did not have any verify issues until I started on this part which was much smaller that the parts I was programming before.

Like Camman says I made need to have mulitple 1 simulator default files for different size parts.

Peon - Always happy to help!

Daryl - Understood. Sounds like you're getting the most out of it :) Just remember that you can save & load defaults from the menu bar, so you don't have to exit Mastercam, edit the file, reload Mastercam, etc... Just open verify, save your defaults, and you can edit or play however you want. So you can change it on-the-fly...

post-12334-0-90672000-1397566830_thumb.png