Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

How to add notes to a Program

StoneyNH

There is a level manager at the bottom of the Mastercam window. You can create different levels and turn them off or on. To move the notes to an established level, select all of the notes then go to the level manager and right click. A window will pop up giving options on where to move or copy the geometry.

Are you new to Mastercam? If so, the most helpful site for me was Streaming Teacher (www.streamingteacher.com). It is a subscription site that has a ton of training courses and LITERALLY the first five minute lesson paid for the subscription fee (in increased productivity) for me when I did it. Eapprentice is also very good.

highlight whatever you want then right click on your level icon at the bottom right, a change level window will show just add what ever number you want and your done. play around with it, once you get it you will see what I mean about life getting easier.

ok got it to work,you have to click on visible in the levels window,then the notes disappear.theres not a way to bring up a blank sheet from someplace to write notes on? seems like with all the advances mastercam has theyd have that someplace.

how about setup sheet?

Hey Thanx,with no Mastercam support this forum will come in handy when I get stuck.Thanx to all you guys that responded to my post.

This forum is one of the main reasons I still have a job. Saved my bacon a million times. There are some great minds to pic in here, and they are always willing to help.

• Like 1

Right click in the operations manager. Goto toolpaths - manual entry. Then write whatever you want in the box and hit the green check.

After that, select the manual entry toolpath that you just made, and click the icon at the top of the operations manager that looks like a ghost.

You REALLY need some basic training.

try this, go into any of your operations and in your tool path parameters there is a comment box. Put your notes in there.

Then, at the top of your op manager there is an icon with a lock, click that lock and it wont post that block.

Right click in the operations manager. Goto toolpaths - manual entry. Then write whatever you want in the box and hit the green check.

After that, select the manual entry toolpath that you just made, and click the icon at the top of the operations manager that looks like a ghost.

Yup, this will work well too.

You REALLY need some basic training.

try this, go into any of your operations and in your tool path parameters there is a comment box. Put your notes in there.

Then, at the top of your op manager there is an icon with a lock, click that lock and it wont post that block.

I think you mean the ghost. Lock still posts but prevents editing.

So Ive got 3 choices,put notes on a level & lookit them that way,use the setup sheet or use Manual Data entry.Im going with the Manual Data entry method.That way when I callup an old Program I will see that theres notes to be looked at.

If I use the level method I wouldn't be alerted theres notes unless I lookit that particular level,the setup sheet method saves stuff funky & when I tried it out it was prone to losing info I put in there.

Again,Thanx to everybody that chimed in.Free Mai-tais for everybody! Avoid hangovers...stay drunk.