Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Chaining a 2D swept toolpath

Thad

How come when you chain a 2D swept toolpath it's called chaining, but if you have to rechain anything, it goes into "sync" mode? I'd like to add a 2D swept to my ops library, but the way it does the chaining has kept me from adding it. Now that I've done it a few times, I know that the first chain is the across, the second is the along and the third is the intersection point. If someone else imported my op, they wouldn't know how to chain it because it says "sync:full1, syncfull2, etc"

Thad

Thad !

Much better way to use swep2d or swep3d is to select geometry for new operation and simply copy tool and parameters afterwards from exported operation !

Anyway it is very limited in use old wireframe toolpath without any improvements for many versions !

And with limitied assosiativity !

Nevertheless I use it a lot mostly swept2d for electrodes offset minus making .

I only pray that CNC Software will leave old toolpathes as they are for the verX (no chances for improvments ), they are sometimes very useful

Iskander teh lazy

Thad do you use the geomenty chain box on the operation manger page then right click in the chain manger and do rechain single for 2d toolpaths. I looked and well didn't see what you were talking about. I will look again at wrok but was thinking of that as a thought I hope it helps if not keep this one going till we help you.

Crazy Millman

Millman,

My first question was why does it call the chains "syncfull1, syncfull2...etc" instead of chains (across, along, intersection point) when rechaining a 2D swept toolpath.

My next comment was that if I saved a 2D swept path in my ops library (without the geometry, which is how I save all my ops), when I import this op and start chaining, it doesn't prompt for the across, along and intersection point. It prompts for syncfull1, syncfull2, etc. Actually, this is the least of my concerns. I know how to chain it and that's all that matters. Anyone else can create a new op "the old fashioned way."

Thad

quote:

Millman Crazy anwser - A joke

Waht si oging on ,gyus ?

Waht ti si all baout ?

I am at wrok nwo on 35 huor xxxxf but ti not mtaters .

I hope it helps if not keep this one readign till ti helsp you.

Crazy Millman

Just kidding , no offence , right ? smile.gif

cheers.gifcheers.gif

[ 10-22-2003, 07:01 AM: Message edited by: plasttav ]