Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Issues with 8

kyleknight

Just to let people know, I was doing a 3d contour brought a tool in from my tool library and it had wrong tool number.  So I changed number and it also changed to corner rad. on my tool.    I  called reseller and apparently this is happening on bull ends.  Be careful it was costly for us.  Another issue I have found is you can not replace points or chains dragging them between toolpaths.  It just adds them.

Just to let people know, I was doing a 3d contour brought a tool in from my tool library and it had wrong tool number.  So I changed number and it also changed to corner rad. on my tool.    I  called reseller and apparently this is happening on bull ends.  Be careful it was costly for us.  Another issue I have found is you can not replace points or chains dragging them between toolpaths.  It just adds them.

Right Click hold and move it will ask ...

Add

Replace

Replace all selected.

Cancel

Another issue I have found is you can not replace points or chains dragging them between toolpaths.  It just adds them.

Now you have to right click, then drag and drop points to another toolpaths to replace them. In older  version it was left click, then drag and drop.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys,

Just got handed the X8 disc But have questions before install.I inherited mastercam and this computer  when I started here so X6 and X7 are both on here. Do I need to uninstall them then install X8?

I have the X8 installation guide in front of me and didn't see any info on this. Will I lose my programs.? Or do I just install X8 on top of it. ?

Thanks Dave and yes I'm asking my reseller the same questions but not sure .

Hi guys,

Just got handed the X8 disc But have questions before install.I inherited mastercam and this computer  when I started here so X6 and X7 are both on here. Do I need to uninstall them then install X8?

I have the X8 installation guide in front of me and didn't see any info on this. Will I lose my programs.? Or do I just install X8 on top of it. ?

Thanks Dave and yes I'm asking my reseller the same questions but not sure .

Dun - No, you do not need to uninstall previous versions I currently have X4 - X8 & X? (beta) loaded.

No, you will not lose your programs (if you have been saving job files in the "mymcamX-version" you will want to move them out of there)

Do Not try to bring over your config form McamX6 or earlier

You will need to recreate your custom toolbars, however the custom right mouse menu & key mapping can be merged

Custom machine /control defs and posts, tool libraries will need to be updated

• Like 1