Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Creating fillets between two surfaces

Go Navy

sorry the problem I'm having is when I select create, surface, fillet then select the two surfaces and assign the fillet size to .125 and select do it. I get a response of fillet not found.

so I tried a 2 surface blend but I don't get to assing a raduis size.

Now I'm out of ideas

thanks again for the help

AL

Is surface then go to create/surface/next menu/2 fillet surface then go for mthere pretty straight foward.

It it a soild then go soild the bolellen add together. The go soild/fillet then use only edge and go from there.

Sorry I imagine at this poitn you have got repsonse to this question seeing how I started soem time ago on this posting.

Crazy Millman

quote:

trim/extend so that the truly intersect. then apply fillet

+1 If your surfaces are not close enough together where the fillet will fit you will get that message. They dont have to be touching eachother, but they do have to be close enough for the radius to fit.

If your surface normals are not right, you will get that message. Turn off the shading and you will be able to tell which way the surface is turned. If it is turned towards you it will be the color of the entity, if its flipped, it will be grey.

If you are looking down from the top view, the bottom, inside corners will fillet with the normals turned toward you.

If the radii you are trying to do is on the top corner of your model you will have to reverse the normals.

What I do is put all the bottom corner fillets on first. Then flip the part over and reverse the normals on all surfaces. Then you can put all the fillets on the other intersections.

I think Mastercam should have a function for both fillets and radii. Then it could flip its own normals biggrin.gif

A fillet is defined as in the bottom inside corner. A radius is defined as on the top corner.......If I remember my schoolin.....

Murlin

Or....

After you've selected your surfaces and your radius, click on Options in the menu and click 'Fillet Both Sides' on. This will search for all possible solutions and allow you to delete the ones you didn't want.

Of course, if there's only one solution, it'll find that one, and you didn't have to worry about normals facing each other.

PDG

PDG.....Most of the time when I fillet, I have the trim-surfaces toggle on. I guess having the fillets go on both sides would work if I turned it off, but it saves time to go ahead and trim them in one shot.

Or will it allow yuou to delete the ones you don't want before it trims?......

Anyhow..... sometimes there would a whole bunch of fillets stuck in there all on top of the others and it would be hard to distinguish them apart.

Murlin

[ 10-28-2003, 04:51 PM: Message edited by: Murlin ]