Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

ROUGH EDGES IN NEWEST UPDATE

Tinyfxds

I have noticed since I updated to the newest X8 release that my tool path lines and surfaces edges are not smooth anymore.  Maybe this is just a coincidence but I don't think so.  I only notice this when my tool path does an arc off move.  That arc move is broken up into large angled lines.  When I create a surface, flat boundary for instance, where the surface meets my boundary the same thing is happening.  Anyone else noticing this?  Maybe my computer has a graphics problem.  Everything else looks great.

post-52370-0-34397900-1416332756_thumb.jpg

post-52370-0-54503400-1416332757_thumb.jpg

I have noticed since I updated to the newest X8 release that my tool path lines and surfaces edges are not smooth anymore.  Maybe this is just a coincidence but I don't think so.  I only notice this when my tool path does an arc off move.  That arc move is broken up into large angled lines.  When I create a surface, flat boundary for instance, where the surface meets my boundary the same thing is happening.  Anyone else noticing this?  Maybe my computer has a graphics problem.  Everything else looks great.

had the same problem in X6 just chalked it up to the graphics card due to our IT guy wanting to use the same card for 5 yrs straight on multiple computer builds.. but then upgraded to X7 and this issue went away. Not sure what causes it because I can open up X6 and still happens but not in X7. as for X8 our company is not ready to open that can of worms just yet lol..

Curve .001 - STL .001 - Work Piece Tol .002

I shut down the computer last night thinking it needed a break and install some updates but I still have the same thing.  Maybe I'll hop over to Nvidia and down load some drivers.  I did not have this problem two weeks ago so something "happened".

I found it!! My tolerance page in my config setting was all messed up.  I ended up opening X7 and copying the numbers into X8 and now everything is peachy.  Something with that last update must have made my tolerances go weird.  I'd post a picture of what X7 had but it won't seem to let me do it right now.