Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Can we discuss the new verify?

I believe it is pretty obvious that the new verify is an order of magnitude better for anyone doing large complex parts.

I could be wrong, but I also believe that the majority of Mastercam users are doing smaller less complex parts utilizing 2D and 3D toolpaths but without hitting the level required to 'break' the old verify.

In my opinion people that had a totally broken verify before would be very unlikely to be upset with just about anything CNC Software put out this time around, since before it was utterly broken, and now it is at least functional.

All that said, for the people for whom it worked fine before, it is no surprise that they feel let down by something that takes longer to run and gives less quality results.

Either way, I am using the new verify and have been since X7, but I think its worth noting that the rest of the programmers that I work with (an many others I know as well) haven't been willing to upgrade since X5 since so far as they are concerned that's the last 'stable' version that had the 'good' verify. I can't help but think this attitude cannot be good for the Mastercam community, so I hope CNC Software does their best to make this new verify as robust for all users as the old verify was for most users in the past.

• Like 1

This is just a guess on my part but I suspect most people that feel the new verify isn't a step forward, likely aren't doing any heavy duty 3D  milling with small ball mills, .020", .015" and such

In the old verify, you could just about forget it if you had a ton of 3D surfacing, especially will small ball mills......

I really do wish I was making small parts. This software seems only made for them. My old workflow with the old style verify was somewhat painful because I too had to break up slices to get it to run all the time but this new verify is more work to get what I had previously.

• 9 months later...

I have to say I like it, there are something I would like to see streamlined but my overall impression at this time is good.

Going back to the old verify, as some may or may not remember, I went on an epic rant once doing a high end part that the old verify couldn't even load or get through it if did.....

Right now I am working 5 axis complicated optical housings and I have zero issue getting things through verify.

Combined with Stock models, the new verify works well for me.

Things I would like to see improved in the new verify

1) The loading of the nci info as Mastercam passes that info to the Verify Module, this could be sped up....

2) I'd like to see multiple components for workholding/Fixtures be made to be brought in a separate items instead of having to add them together into a single solid via boolean add. I see the radio box option but there seems to be no way to bring in your workholding

3) ....

As far as the new back plot goes, I'd rather use the old style, I am hoping they don't phase it out

How do I set the backplot to the old style?

Zeke

Shut down MCAM....

Go into your start menu, Mastercam 9 , then Utilites....

Start the Advanced Config utility......click on Back plot, choose classic, accept

restart Maatercam

Watching the Pats so that's from memory, should be close enough to get you there  ;)