Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Mastercam Lathe Stock problem

pip

I am new to Mastercam Lathe and have been trying to adjust the stock on a facing operation.

Could someone please explain how this should work. Do I need to define points on my geo, or can I just graphicaly select a point to adjust stock.

I could just adjust my geo to the inner diameter, but I would like to use the stock function.. All help greatfully accepted.  Thanks.

As long as the stock and part geometry are properly defined, you shouldn't have to define anything, just select "Use Stock."

Assuming you're already doing that, where do you think the stock is causing you problems?

If you have a ton of stock on the face, Mastercam has never been particularly good at recognizing that, so Canned Rough is often better there.

If the tool isn't turning down far enough in the X ( toward the bore / drilled hole ), which sounds like it might be the case, increase the Overcut Amount to bring the tool further down the face

I don't like the face t/p.   I use regular roughing and change the direction of the cut in the rough direction/angle drop down.  

As far as the stock,   I always draw my stock for the first operation, I use stock revolve then lathe stock preview after I finish the first operation and use it for the next operation and repeat.   

• Like 1

I don't like the face t/p.   I use regular roughing and change the direction of the cut in the rough direction/angle drop down.  

As far as the stock,   I always draw my stock for the first operation, I use stock revolve then lathe stock preview after I finish the first operation and use it for the next operation and repeat.   

Wonder where you an idea like that from. :scooter: :scooter: