Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

wcs rotation

I2B4U

i searched the forum, but didn't find anything on this. i have a view created, with a new wcs located at new origin and rotated. everything was going okay, created some paths, then the view went flipped, now when i spin the part with my mouse the geometry goes one way and the wcs goes another, no longer associative to any geometry. the file is test.mc9 in the mc_9 directory on the ftp site. Has anyone ever seen this before? can anybody tell me how i messed this up? sun spots?

Well I did not see any toolpaths so I cant be of much help wihtout them sorry. I dont use WCS for different views I use the T-plane and C-plane but pay real close attention to the X axis when doing this cuase it might give you trouble inverting the X back is back in the View but look at X it is not right.

Crazy Millman

Let the WCS and Tplnae & CCplane games begin again. biggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

the cavity should be up (z+) in the toop view, but right click and go to dynamic spin. when i rotate the part one direction the wcs goes the opposite direction and moves to another location completely. it started at the point on the side of the part as a tooling hole in the fixture.

made sure the boxes were checked, still had same prob. then rotated the geometry around till the wcs and the geometry were in the right place relational to each other. almost like they clicked together there and now they rotate together as they should. must be the matrix glitch with the sun spots. thanks for the replies guys.

I checked out your file from the ftp and it seems fine to me....Your OP2 WCS has its origin at the point, and everything rotates correctly for me....

sounds weird.

I would run the ram saver, reselect your origin for that WCS and run ram saver again for good luck biggrin.gif .

thnx zero, if thats the case then it points to something station related here, although mill man did notice the x asis on the wcs was backward when he looked at it. I have noticed that if i rotate it alot, at one point it will start to work right. but then it can go off again. rolleyes.gif

Ok I take that back. Now when I open it I see exactly what you are talking about. the surfaces dont display correctly while its messed up and the rotation is very screwy. After clicking around in the WCS Manager, Levels Manager and the set view buttons on the toolbar it "snaps out of it" after a bit. Very strange...somethings definately gone wacky in your file. Im gonna play around with it a little more and see if I can get rid of it.

...after I hit fit screen and correct it...I can't get it to go screwy again... maybe it is something system related.. confused.gif

You have alot of duplicate and overlapping entities in the file. When I Delete/Duplicate/Entities or run the ram saver it gets rid of around 650 entities and I can see tons of overlapping entities still there, not exact duplicates of each other but representing the same surface edge. I'm not sure why theyre all there or if you need them for toolpaths, but I would get rid of all the geometry (except your point that OP2 WCS is dependent on) and remake only what you need.

quote:

I find when i open the surfaces look strange, then I go Alt-N then set it to WCS op2 and I get this..

probably because you have it set in the WCS Manager to Update graphics view on wcs change and its setting the new top view and fitting to screen when you activate the new WCS.

quote:

I find when i open the surfaces look strange, then I go Alt-N then set it to WCS op2 and I get this..

that is corect, and the way it originally was

quote:

You have alot of duplicate and overlapping entities in the file. When I Delete/Duplicate/Entities or run the ram saver it gets rid of around 650 entities and I can see tons of overlapping entities still there, not exact duplicates of each other but representing the same surface edge. I'm not sure why theyre all there or if you need them for toolpaths, but I would get rid of all the geometry (except your point that OP2 WCS is dependent on) and remake

those extra entities were created when this went bonkers.

the only other wcs i used for paths was the sys for top.

quote:

after I hit fit screen and correct it...I can't get it to go screwy again... maybe it is something system related..

i found that also until i reopened the file, then it was boinked again.