Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

DMG / MORI SEIKI

tntbill9

HI ALL,

I am very well familiar with CNC mill with fanuc and fadal controls.

Now I am a newbie of running DMG / MORI SEIKI horizontal mill with Deckel Maho controler.

When I post the program out, it looks like this

G0 SUPA Z-1 D0

M9

G0 SUPA Z-1 D0

When it runs to this line of code, machine gets alarm.

NC/SYF/ASUP2.SYF

REPOSA RMIBL

RET

I had tried to change Z-1. OR Z-.1. It didn't help.  Still get that same alarm message.

So what is G0 SUPA Z-1 D0?  (do I have to zero return all axis like the other fanus control does every morning?)

What should I do to fix this problem?

Thanks in advance for all of your helps.

Bill

• Like 1

HI ALL,

I am very well familiar with CNC mill with fanuc and fadal controls.

Now I am a newbie of running DMG / MORI SEIKI horizontal mill with Deckel Maho controler.

When I post the program out, it looks like this

G0 SUPA Z-1 D0

M9

G0 SUPA Z-1 D0

When it runs to this line of code, machine gets alarm.

NC/SYF/ASUP2.SYF

REPOSA RMIBL

RET

I had tried to change Z-1. OR Z-.1. It didn't help. Still get that same alarm message.

So what is G0 SUPA Z-1 D0? (do I have to zero return all axis like the other fanus control does every morning...

Bill

The command G00 SUPA Z0 D0 positions the spindle head "up" to its machine zero position. The Siemens' SUPA (suppress all [offsets]) has been used instead of G53 because with Siemens, G53 does not cancel the base offset.

D0 is tool zero, (no tool)

I have always used SUPA Z0

Thanks all again.

I still have question for Zoober please. So why my post posts out Z-1 instead of Z0 or Z-.1 ???  What is Z-1 or Z-.1? 

I am progamming a part for op1, runs on B0. and same op1 runs on B180.

Do you have a sample of template of Main and Sub programs look like?  Can you shine a light on these programs a little bit?

Thanks in advance for all your inputs.

Bill

Thanks all again.

I still have question for Zoober please. So why my post posts out Z-1 instead of Z0 or Z-.1 ??? What is Z-1 or Z-.1?

I am progamming a part for op1, runs on B0. and same op1 runs on B180.

Do you have a sample of template of Main and Sub programs look like? Can you shine a light on these programs a little bit?

Thanks in advance for all your inputs.

Bill

It's been a bit since I've programmed the Siemens, so I don't have any templates handy. The main is a *.mpf file, the sub is a *.spf file. That's how the control likes them.

As for the Z value, some machines have a tool change height of Z-1. And maybe why that's why the post was set up that way???

Your MTB would be the place to get that info, along with a couple samples of main and sub calls. From there, I could help a bit with the post.

Hi all,

I went back to work today and put this one in the machine.

G0 SUPA Z0 D0

Still gave me an alarm messege liked Axis Z1 software limit switch.

Is there anyway that I can find myselt where, how and what the Z1 limit switch is? So that I can fix my post.

Thanks all.

Have a nice weekend.

Bill