Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

How to create a body

Elvincnc

All dimensions are present in the photo

Problem, if you to use Swept face is directed the red line
The surface should to turn in the middle like the blue line
Flow lines should be stationed as a middle line R7,25 , on that channel will move the ball. I tried to do it in solidworks & mastercam but could not

When you are using swept you have two options for the profile to be swept, translate: this keeps the swept face the same orientation regardless of the sweep contour (your red line)

Rotate: keeps the swept face perpendicular to the sweep contour(your blue line)

When you are using swept you have two options for the profile to be swept, translate: this keeps the swept face the same orientation regardless of the sweep contour (your red line)

Rotate: keeps the swept face perpendicular to the sweep contour(your blue line)

Can you show an example?

Now try to pass cutter - 3mm - finishing - flowline - it does not take place - in mid  radius distorted

Are you trying to draw the surface or create a toolpath for it?

If you are trying to create a toolpath you should post up a Mastercam file with the toolpath in question so we can help.

Here is how I would approach modeling this. I start thinking like a machinist and not a engineer. If you took a ball endmill and cut the center line of the bottom of the part what shape would that create? Create the center line and then make wireframe shape that represents your ball endmill. Then that take and sweep it through the solid block. Now you have made what is going at the machine exactly in the solid. I use to backplot my toolpaths  and save the center lines to a level. Before Stock Model I would take the time to sweep and extrude the tool from the raw stock to make my own solids of what really cut on the machine. That was how I always knew what was going on with every forging and casting I have every worked with. Stock Model is just a faster way for me to do what I have always done for years. I also used Solid Layout for years to make all my setup sheets with also so I needed the true solid of the part at OP270 or OP440 of something. Making Landing gear stuff is fun, and this is not hard as all. Again I quit thinking like and engineer and I think like a machinist. How is the tool going to cut the part. Draw a Solid of the tool and use that to remove material from my solid just like what I will be doing on the machine. Is it more work yes. Is there a better what I have no idea, but I know this way works and if all else fails I use what works and gets the job done.

Here is how I would approach modeling this. I start thinking like a machinist and not a engineer. If you took a ball endmill and cut the center line of the bottom of the part what shape would that create? Create the center line and then make wireframe shape that represents your ball endmill. Then that take and sweep it through the solid block. Now you have made what is going at the machine exactly in the solid. I use to backplot my toolpaths  and save the center lines to a level. Before Stock Model I would take the time to sweep and extrude the tool from the raw stock to make my own solids of what really cut on the machine. That was how I always knew what was going on with every forging and casting I have every worked with. Stock Model is just a faster way for me to do what I have always done for years. I also used Solid Layout for years to make all my setup sheets with also so I needed the true solid of the part at OP270 or OP440 of something. Making Landing gear stuff is fun, and this is not hard as all. Again I quit thinking like and engineer and I think like a machinist. How is the tool going to cut the part. Draw a Solid of the tool and use that to remove material from my solid just like what I will be doing on the machine. Is it more work yes. Is there a better what I have no idea, but I know this way works and if all else fails I use what works and gets the job done.

on this part I stand corrected. It is nasty and I would try to model it in something different. :vava::ouch:

Trying to create a model in Mc now. Pretty tricky for sure. I can get close still doesn't quite get there. Here's the file for anyone who wants to look. Still needs trimmed up a bit.

You have the size in the center 2.594

5th Axis CONSULTING said rightly !

If you want to see the correct body create a middle line and surface R7.25 after R6.3 create 3D contour -ball mill 3.32 with off control and project (finish project) this path on this surface R6.3, then create a stock model and you will see the result