Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Deleting Stock Model does not make ops go dirty

Müřlıń®

I don't think this is exclusive to stock models. I have seen some issues with ops not showing as dirty even after I changed parameters. I haven't been able to narrow it down though.

oK...HRMMMM...

Well perhaps a good practice would be when you get through with programming a job just select all and regen just to be safe....

I must admit, I will regen all ops if I'm going to post the prog - even if I know nothing has been changed.

That said, we're only working on files upto 150 ops and prismatic parts, so they're fast regens - unlike the mold/mould (delete as applicable :D ) boyos...

And when I save a file, I won't have all ops selected.

I'll just have OP1 and save it. Then when it's saved, I'll click the file open, and then when it's opened, I'll close down...

This is because I don't want all ops selected when opening a file, and also I don't want to be closing down the PC when it's still saving to the network.

I've got some more habits but that's for another day :rolleyes:

• Like 1

I have seen this too and could not figure out what was causing it. Now I have a family of parts with the same outside shape and differing bores. After programming the first part, I have just been deleting the part model and importing the new part model and re-using the fixturing models, planes, containments, and toolpaths. All was fine until I got to the fifth part, and now one of the stock models will not regenerate. It stays dirty no matter what. I tried deleting and re-creating, and deleting and re-importing but nothing seems to work. Stock model bug???

I have seen this too and could not figure out what was causing it. Now I have a family of parts with the same outside shape and differing bores. After programming the first part, I have just been deleting the part model and importing the new part model and re-using the fixturing models, planes, containments, and toolpaths. All was fine until I got to the fifth part, and now one of the stock models will not regenerate. It stays dirty no matter what. I tried deleting and re-creating, and deleting and re-importing but nothing seems to work. Stock model bug???

I think it may have something to do with the hidden notes on levels. They get carried over and added too when you keep redoing things, merging geometry ect...

I have noticed when I delete the geometry on a level sometimes there are hidden notes on that level. you can see them in the report and there will be entities in the field when nothing is on the screen or hid/blanked.

Every once in a while when I delete them I will have one of my ops go dirty even though it does not ask me about associated ops.

Not saying that is what it is but it seem weird that when I delete the hidden entities, things go dirty....not always...but sometimes.

Hmmm, I can't find anything that doesn't belong. I can, however, re-gen if I turn off stock compare.

I just had 3 stock models in a row that I could not get the thing to regen...

I just deleted them and made a new one...

Not sure If I had compare up in the other window or not...

I will look closely at that next time thanks.

Rather than deleting the part from a renamed part file have you tried saving the toolpaths in the parent file as an operations library then importing that into the next file or importing the toolpaths from the parent file into the new file. You can chose to import the common geom when importing the tpaths then associate the new geom with the ones that change.