Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Help with 4th axis drilling

Mic6

Hey Guys, First time drilling with a rotary axis in my VMC.  I included a sample file I'm working on.  Do I use 5axis drill or normal drill toolpath with rotary positioning?  I have a multi-axis seat.

The current file I used 5axis drill.  I tried using lines and surface for tool axis control.  I tried hole axis vectors and points for cut pattern, but I'm not really getting anywhere and I keep getting the error below.

4therror_1.jpg

rotary sample.mcx-8

Download the Mpmaster and give it a test drive, you'll like it!

Did that this morning.  Been copying over some of the mods I had to my Generic Haas post, but some don't work.

Here is your file with your operation. I moved the point to the bottom of your vector lines that define the tilt and and repicked as a window point set to use points and lines. and regen.

Thanks Jay, I'll give it a look.

Here is your file with your operation. I moved the point to the bottom of your vector lines that define the tilt and and repicked as a window point set to use points and lines. and regen.

Hey Jay, I used your parameters in my file in which I was previously using a plane for each group of holes in a 2D toolpath and the actual parts drilled correctly.  The multiaxis drill worked and showed correctly in MC backplot, but the A axis moves in the machine were backward(opposite of backplot)  Maybe that's a post or machine setting issue?