Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

X9 - Creating High Speed Tool option gone?

Rubens

Hey... is it just me, or did the first X9 Beta come out with an option on the Mill Library to create High Speed Type Tools that is now gone with the new beta updates? Does anyone know why that option was removed?

Ruben,

:o/   What a bummer!  I really got exited when I saw that new option.... I use these High Speed Tools a lot, so being able to verify using the tool as it really is was really exiting to me!   I really hope they work out the bugs and add it back to the new release - because I could really use it almost on a daily basis. Hopefully there  is more users out there that feel the same way as I do.

Ruben,

• Like 1

Yeah... It's one of the things that got me really excited about X9... and now, it's like - now you have it - and now you don't!   :0\     Uurgh!!  It seem to me like it was working fine, but then again I did not use it enough to find what was wrong with it.... but again I hope they work it out, and eventually add it back!

I have always just drawn these highfeed tools based on the dimensions the manufacturers provide,  I thought I saw at one point someone said custom profiles weren't used to determine stock to leave, but I seem to get good results when I have drawn them and checked stock to leave against a offset profile in backplot.

Perhaps someone that has more insight into this will elaborate on how Mastercam currently handles custom tools internally when given a stock to leave amount.

FYI.. only thought this was relevant here since if you can draw them as a custom tool the not having them in the tool manager isn't that big of an issue..

They pulled it because it wasn't reliable

It worked very well for me on a couple of projects and very poorly on a couple of others.

I sent in a file that regened and backplotted properly, but would not run in verify

I'm sure it will be back, but not till it's working correctly

I have always just drawn these highfeed tools based on the dimensions the manufacturers provide,  I thought I saw at one point someone said custom profiles weren't used to determine stock to leave, but I seem to get good results when I have drawn them and checked stock to leave against a offset profile in backplot.

AFAIK that is correct.  I used to use the Fraisa solid carb HFM's, defined as a bull with a custom profile.  They would generate the toolpath based on the bull definition but verify and stock model as the custom profile.  I'm now using Widin HFM's which basically have a bull profile, and verify and stock models are much faster.  Stock removal rate is comparible, since though they run a little slower they take a little deeper pass.