Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Struggling with this

Incogneeto

Hi All,

I keep struggling with the same issues and I was wondering if someone could possibly show me a step by step or explain this. On the attached file if you F9 origin

the part is standing on it's side. What I would like is the front view to be my top view and my Z origin then to be on the top of the small circular boss with the 3 holes.

And X and Y as if you were looking down at the bed of the table. We sweep the bearing pocket for the G54 and then flip the part to do the Bottom side at G55  I can get it to work this way eventually but it's hit and Miss with my memory.(Sorry Old) I tried to get the engineers to work with me on placement when the build it but they act like it's a major issue, and from their perspective they don't care. This is one of the things that really slows me down so any help is appreciated. ok so the file is too big for me to send I made a file to my clipboard can anyone tell me how to find it to send it. 

Thanks Dave

you don't say what cad system but solidworks top is front in MC but they can set the WCS before its sent out and they could probably do it with most cad systems

Yes I know they can But for them it is not something they are concerned about. We have several engineers and each one does it differently and they don't communicate with each other.

Rather than moving the part around, in case they send you an updated file, why not just use a dynamic wpc to place the origin where needed? Then any revised file doesn't need moved around again. Just my 2c.

I'm sure I did it incorrectly. And I can get the work done. I just want all to be lined up and  PPSupers way worked for my original file. I'm sure there are several methods and would like to do this correctly.

I've tried the dynamic Gnome But the axis Icon at the lower left of the screen does not match my part . Am I reading what you meant by that correctly?

I'm sure I did it incorrectly. And I can get the work done. I just want all to be lined up and  PPSupers way worked for my original file. I'm sure there are several methods and would like to do this correctly.

I've tried the dynamic Gnome But the axis Icon at the lower left of the screen does not match my part . Am I reading what you meant by that correctly?

I rarely care what the gnome says in the lower left, in the 5ax world I'm working from multiple wpcs. If you want need them all to match, set all your c/t/wpc planes to that new view. Then the gnome will match. Not moving your part and setting individual wpcs (at least for me) is a best/proven method. Especially if you make the move into the multi axis world and deal with large files.