Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

gear programming for sprockets

jrykrl

Ok John that was very cool I see antoehr little thing to play with. I am wondering how did you pack all that up like that in soemthing native to Mastercam but be a self extractable is this soemthing done in mastercam or by some other program.

I can see this as a great archieve tool is the only reason I ask.

Crazy Millman

Millman: I don't fully understand your question, but here is the answer. MP makes a great stand-alone language. MP.DLL is the exec for all postprocessors. The -.PST file is a configuration file where you put all your code, so you are rarely conscious that the exec exists. You write a 'post' (xxx.pst), but have a dummy input (xxx.nci). The postblock PQ is accessed before anything is read from the -.NCI file, so do all your work from the PQ postblock. You can have inputs from prompts or the 'buffers' (xxx.TXT files).

Good Morning all

Simtech, I would like to try your custermers Chook, could you email it to me?

I make sprockets for BMX,they have no Derailer to keep the chain tentioned (sp),so I alter the teeth for each config(no of teeth) to eliminate drag.

Then I ran each size on my bike to where it in, Re-CMM inspect it, and then adjust the Programm [for that wear] on each size.

Now when a BMX racer puts one of my new Chain rings on his bike it is "Race Ready".

Scott teh' Hardway BMX

[ 11-17-2003, 10:25 AM: Message edited by: Scott Bond ]