Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Running Mastercam for Solidworks

Tinyfxds

These might seem like a few simple questions but I'm a simple person so take it for what it's worth.  With X9 we now have the option to run Mastercam thru Solidworks without having a seperate license.  How do I do that?  Do I still have to download MCFSW X9?

If you have a Mill 1 you would be limited in paths. you need a Mill 3 license to use the full surfacing package, there is limited 3D with a Mill 1

Let me see if I can find the exact verbage

Take a look at the What's New in your X9 folder

C:\Program Files\mcamX9\documentation

If you have edited your Nethasp.ini file for Mastercam, copy that to the appropriate place in the mc4sw installation folder..

Which would be I believe

C:\Program Files\mc4swX9

I don't have it installed  

"...I can't do anything thru MCFSW at the moment...."

"...Mastercam fires up when I open up Solidworks now..."

What exactly is not working?

Is it still telling you that you need a 3D license?

Are all the 3D licenses on that NetHasp already in use? (without a MCforSW license, MCforSW X9 will pull an MC license but there has to be one available).

• Like 1

"...I can't do anything thru MCFSW at the moment...."

"...Mastercam fires up when I open up Solidworks now..."

What exactly is not working?

Is it still telling you that you need a 3D license?

Are all the 3D licenses on that NetHasp already in use? (without a MCforSW license, MCforSW X9 will pull an MC license but there has to be one available).

If I try to run MCFSW then I will close my stand alone session of MC. 

If I try to select any toolpath it kicks out a warning that it needs a 3D license.  Even if I select a 2D toolpath.

Unfortunately you found the one case where MCforSW X9 will not successfully pull a MC license.

We ran into that here very late in the X9 development cycle and the decision was made to not risk possibly making things worse by addressing it.

Sorry about the inconvenience.

The other computers on the network that are pinging that NetHasp should be able to successfully grab MC licenses if running MCforSW.

Actually - no.

I just checked with Support/QC and if you use NHaspX to switch from Local --> NetWork, then you should be all set.

Running in 'Network' will grab and release licenses just as if you were on a different computer.

So...MCforSW X9 will grab a MC license (if no MCforSW license is available) under that scenario.

• Like 1